Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By eWalker
  • 1 Post By tpnl
  • 1 Post By eWalker
  • 1 Post By tpnl
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 2 Post By tpnl
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By twogunmojo
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By eWalker
  • 1 Post By eWalker

Thread: Guide 's Pack Accessories

Guide 's Pack Accessories

After reading the Guide ' s Pack last review http://somedrumm.blogspot.com.br/201...eview.html?m=1 I spent some (more) time looking at it's pictures and then looking at its colors combos in other products at pinterest.

It looks gorgeous on almost everything my searches brought me, bags, outfits or rooms!

I hope TB is planning to provide more products (bags, wallets, etc.) using this color combos! :cool:

I already found a good use for the Lead Pocket on my travel set! :D

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 06-11-2014 at 10:57 PM.
    tpnl likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I agree that the Lead's pocket is very versatile with its built in pockets, web loops to put things under and the O-Rings to keep things neatly organized. I also like that you can use it as a waist pack and as a shoulder bag and as a back of the airplane seat bag if needed. It has the most built in organization, IMHO of any of the small waist / shoulder packs for holding many small items.

Cheers!
    eWalker likes this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

;)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    I agree that the Lead's pocket is very versatile with its built in pockets, web loops to put things under and the O-Rings to keep things neatly organized. I also like that you can use it as a waist pack and as a shoulder bag and as a back of the airplane seat bag if needed. It has the most built in organization, IMHO of any of the small waist / shoulder packs for holding many small items.

Cheers!
    I like it because it's perfect to carry all tech stuff in a very protected, organized and easy to reach fashion!

It's like a smaller brother of the Founder's Briefcase!

Last edited by eWalker; 06-11-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    tpnl likes this.

Oh Yah - completely agree - especially with the built in padding - another extra great feature! It is a great alternative to the Snake Charmer. Fits the big Samsung Note II Smartphones very well too.

Cheers!
    eWalker likes this.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot/Cadet (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

I was expecting the Lead's Pocket to be floppy, I hadn't realized it was padded, I seriously think it might be able to be able to save my life in a gun fight!
    Hmmmm... There was an article regarding an iPhone or iPad in a bag that saved a man from a bullet.
    I'm smiling right now cos if that ever happens to any of us here (touch wood), we'll be declaring our TB bags saved our lives :)

Oh, back to topic, the Lead's pocket can help give form to a floppy bag too, when placed inside of one.

I know a lot people have the SA as a buddy to their Synapse for hauling bulkier stuff, but I'm really attracted to the Guide's Pack instead, even though I don't hike. The main pocket should function just as well as the SA, shouldn't it?
    It might be fun to get the Guide's Pack and it's Pockets in different colors for a bit of color blocking as well. (Does this count as fashionable? :p)
    eWalker likes this.

@icebeng

The Guide's pack could definitely function better than an SA and be able to hold even bulkier items. It is in a different league compared to the SA. However, it is $60 more and not as good as a laptop backpack. But, if you like the look, need the extra carry capacity, the Guide's Pack is a great retro-looking pack with lots of add-on options and would be unique if playing with the Pocket colors.

Cheers!

Thanks, tpnl,
    I'm gonna think about it more, right now, it is strictly a want and not a need, even though my heart is trying to convince me otherwise lol
    The increased capacity might actually work against me, think 'overturned turtle' lol

@eWalker
    That kitchen looks sweet! I'm moving into a new apartment in a couple of year's time, and most articles I've read say to go for light colors to give the illusion of brightness and spaciousness, but man, that pic you posted shows that not so light colors can be so classy!
    eWalker likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Thanks, tpnl,
    I'm gonna think about it more, right now, it is strictly a want and not a need, even though my heart is trying to convince me otherwise lol
    The increased capacity might actually work against me, think 'overturned turtle' lol

@eWalker
    That kitchen looks sweet! I'm moving into a new apartment in a couple of year's time, and most articles I've read say to go for light colors to give the illusion of brightness and spaciousness, but man, that pic you posted shows that not so light colors can be so classy!
    i get into trouble when i comment about the guides pack but so be it...the way the bag is set up in that picture makes it at least 420 dollars for a top loading ruck sack...240 for the guides pack and 180 for 3 leads pockets...for that much money i can buy a pack custom made to fit my body with an actual waist belt that transfers the weight of the pack off my shoulders and to my hips...
    eWalker likes this.

@twogunmojo
    I understand what you mean, I've seen people say similar things about Apple products too.
    From my point of view, I've amassed quite a few TB products in the last couple of months and so far I've been very happy with them and have seen not much reason to be unhappy with the pricing.
    I haven't bought a Guide's Pack yet, and cannot really judge on the pricing and the product, but based on my other TB bags, I'm willing to believe that the Guide's Pack is worth it's price too.
    I'm not rich, and wouldn't want to pay more than I have to. But we have to remember this is a company here, they need to make money too. I don't think we can just think of it as materials and manpower costs alone, there's the design and many other factors I won't know about.

It also really wouldn't make sense for them to mark up the Guide's Pack far more than any of their other bags.

BTW, would you really need 3 Lead's Pocket? I have no experience in hiking as I've mentioned, and that really seems like overkill to me. (But still, not to say I wouldn't want 3 lol)
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twogunmojo View Post
    i get into trouble when i comment about the guides pack but so be it...the way the bag is set up in that picture makes it at least 420 dollars for a top loading ruck sack...240 for the guides pack and 180 for 3 leads pockets...for that much money i can buy a pack custom made to fit my body with an actual waist belt that transfers the weight of the pack off my shoulders and to my hips...
    @twogunmojo
    The basic configuration would be one lead pocket, one left pocket and one right pocket. That's 60+40+40= $140.

Believe me, I am very, very price conscious (every product I buy from TB gets a 60% price increase due to import taxes!) and even so, I will buy a GP as soon as I get fit enough to make longer hikes again!

The thing with TB bags is that besides being long lasting, practical and functional, they are great looking and very versatile!

So much that you just can fully understand a TB bag when you immerse yourself in the Forum and external reviews!

The pictures and site description are just not enough!

Hiking backpacks last forever and when you take the investment you make in a bag and divide by the number of photos you are going to take with it over the many years you are going to have it, you are going to see that the difference is very small and perfectly worth to look sharp and happy in your family albums!

My $0.02! ;)

Last edited by eWalker; 06-12-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    vivelly likes this.

@eWalker
    @icebeng
    Yup! Take a look at www.houzz.com and www.pinterest.com on grey rooms/walls !

I love the woody and leathery tones and the gray background really makes then come alive!

It gives a modern appeal and and at the same time works great with classic furniture if you so choose!

It can make your rooms spacious just the same as white if you decrease contrasts.

And if you think this color combo looks classy in rooms, you should check the bags, backpacks, purses and wallets! ;)

Last edited by eWalker; 06-12-2014 at 05:57 AM.
    icebeng likes this.

Banned
    @twogunmojo
    I understand what you mean, I've seen people say similar things about Apple products too.
    From my point of view, I've amassed quite a few TB products in the last couple of months and so far I've been very happy with them and have seen not much reason to be unhappy with the pricing.
    I haven't bought a Guide's Pack yet, and cannot really judge on the pricing and the product, but based on my other TB bags, I'm willing to believe that the Guide's Pack is worth it's price too.
    I'm not rich, and wouldn't want to pay more than I have to. But we have to remember this is a company here, they need to make money too. I don't think we can just think of it as materials and manpower costs alone, there's the design and many other factors I won't know about.

It also really wouldn't make sense for them to mark up the Guide's Pack far more than any of their other bags.

BTW, would you really need 3 Lead's Pocket? I have no experience in hiking as I've mentioned, and that really seems like overkill to me. (But still, not to say I wouldn't want 3 lol)
    its a rucksack...only way one to load and unload the contents and the inside is steel...not very light friendly when you are looking for something in less than optimal lighting conditions...

as i said before i get into trouble when talking about the guides pack because i always point out that for the same amount of money you can buy other packs that don't require you to purchase every single item separately..

and like i said this is a "one size fits all" pack as well vs. a "made for me" pack...i did a review of the smart alec so i am fully aware of the quality and the limitations of tom bihn bags...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0