• 1 Post By Trailhiker
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 2 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 3 Post By hamiltee
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway

Thread: Side Effect as a Wash bag / Kit

Side Effect as a Wash bag / Kit

Has anyone tried using a Side effect as a wash bag / kit?

can you specify what that means? Since I have to ask you can guess that I havent but I'd like to think about it. Would you go to a wash-parla (can I call it so?) with it and have the coins and what not in it? O

Probably more like a toiletry kit/sponge bag. I don't have an SE, but I don't see why it wouldn't be a good choice for non-liquids or if you're not flying.
    eWalker likes this.

Derbian,

Actually, of late I've started using a couple of dyneema side effects for my washing kit. One is for primarily for "wet " stuff and the other is for "dry " I use them in combination with a travel tray. I used to use the clear quarter packing cube, but I now find the double SE set up works for me for better ease of packing and the fact that u don't have to dump out the entire contents into two travel trays when setting up at the hotel. You could still feed from the SE in an organized manor for your stay.

These have been driving trips, but to tell u the truth I can't seem to remember the last time I have actually taken out my tubes to show the tsa.
    I have always stored my tubes in a clear container, but I always leave them packed as a test to see if they ask me to take them out, they never do.
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 06-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.
    eWalker likes this.

Ping - the light ball went on. I do this too. I take a dyneema SE so that it can be squeezed it together so that it can fill out any space in my travel-bag of choice. I can not fit my toiletrys and my makeup in one but for toiyletries alone (for me) there is quite enough space. I even have a washcloth in the front pocket foldet up. BUT I cant share. Meaning my husband and children have to have their own toyletry cit (before we where using one big for all but I became weary of this setup for many reasons you might imagine yourself).

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Derbian, I used a SE as a toiletry bag for awhile. I found it to be useful for sure but it was too big for me. I'm now using a 3D Organizer Cube and a clear organizer for 311 stuff. I have a long key strap on each. So far this set up is working pretty well for me. Someone else, sorry I don't remember who, I think it was scribe, suggested this set up or something very similar.
    Moose

You might want to see the thread moriond started 4.22.14 titled wirecutter guide to traveling well. Sorry, can't post links on this device. I put a picture of my set up in that thread. I think there are some ofthers photos there too, IIRC.
    Last edited by Moose; 06-01-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Derbian, I used a SE as a toiletry bag for awhile. I found it to bee useful for sure but it was too big for me. I'm now using a 3D Organizer Cube and a clear organizer for 311 st7ff. I have a long key strap in each. So far this set up is working pretty well for me.
    Moose
    That is what my husband does and I tangled them together like scribe showed some time bag (thanks again for that idea, scribe). But I like the way a SE can be pulled open and stand on a desc so better to see the content. Therefor it is the SE for, even if it is not full. But it has to be a dynemmer one because a balistic one takes up to much space.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    You might want to see the thread moriond started 4.22.14 titled wirecutter guide to traveling well. Sorry, can't post links on this device. I put a picture of my set up in that thread. I think there are some ofthers photos there too, IIRC.
    Here's the link:
    Wirecutter Guide to Traveling Well

hamitee that is exactly what I was speaking about. I would not have found it.
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0