Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gee
  • 1 Post By Janine
  • 1 Post By moriond

Thread: Suggestion - small medium organiser or double organiser

Gee

Suggestion - small medium organiser or double organiser

Hello, just a small suggestion and please feel free to ignore. Possibly there is space for a small/medium organiser? I just went to purchase a double organiser and realised the small is too small for a folded A4 sheet (A5 or 210 x 147) or a folder 'Letter' size sheet. A4 is the standard size for printers outside the US and also brochures or documents, as I would imagine Letter is within.

When I realised the small wouldn't fit the documents I thought I will buy the medium till I realised it wouldn't fit in the side pockets of my WF. So I then looked at every other organiser, mesh, clear, etc and they all have the same problem. So I can't get a nice Tom Bihn organiser for my side pockets :(

Maybe others have the same problem and there is room for an in-between size?
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    +1 to this suggestion. The small DOP is just a fudge too small for my phone. Something in between the small and medium sizes would rock for those of us with large phones/phablets.
    eWalker likes this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    Hello, just a small suggestion and please feel free to ignore. Possibly there is space for a small/medium organiser? I just went to purchase a double organiser and realised the small is too small for a folded A4 sheet (A5 or 210 x 147) or a folder 'Letter' size sheet. A4 is the standard size for printers outside the US and also brochures or documents, as I would imagine Letter is within.

When I realised the small wouldn't fit the documents I thought I will buy the medium till I realised it wouldn't fit in the side pockets of my WF. So I then looked at every other organiser, mesh, clear, etc and they all have the same problem. So I can't get a nice Tom Bihn organiser for my side pockets :(

@Gee If you're using the Western Flyer (or other travel bags like the Tri-Star or Aeronaut) with the backpack strap options, you can stick the Medium Size Double Organizer pouch into the zippered pocket for the backpack straps. I use the back zippered pocket to quickly stow iPads (in cache), magazines, or any flat documents (e.g. in a file folder) for easy access. And, of course, if you have the Western Flyer with the back pocket for the rolling luggage handle, you can simply insert the DOP into the large back pocket. You can also insert the Medium size Double Organizer Pouch vertically into the top zippered front pocket of either the Western Flyer or the Tri-Star, though it's a bit easier with the top pocket of the Tri-Star.

For even easier access in pulling out the DOP, you can attach a Handle Loop (w/O-ring) to the snaphook of the pouch. I just received my first medium Double Organizer Pouches with a back ordered shipment. Love the colors (Cayenne and Crimson 500d Cordura, Turquoise 1000d Cordura, and Aubergine Ballistic Nylon). This is a handy size for stowing post cards or stationary notes, along with a small pen, and I can shift the completed/stamped cards to the back pocket.

And by the way, the small double organizer pouch fits nicely into the front pocket of the Field Journal Notebook.

HTH. moriond

ETA: The current size Medium Double Organizer Pouch (and other Medium Organizer Pouches) will just fit standard U.S. Letter size envelopes (as well as the narrower but taller envelopes for mailing A4 sheets). A smaller (narrower) pouch design would necessitate either folding or cutting the ends of such envelopes to fit them in. IMHO the current size/design works best for a wide range of multi-purpose functions
    Last edited by moriond; 06-13-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0