Simple/Clean No Frills Laptop Messenger Bag

Love the brain cell. I use mine all the time. Is there any plan to develop a simple/no frills laptop messenger bag that will accomodate the brain cell? I am thinking of something along the lines of a manhattan portage bag with nothing on the outer flap, hidden clips that reside underneath the flap, one compartment, one strap and maybe a small organizer pouch.

I think a bag like this could compliment the brain cell perfectly.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi stkim,

What size of Brain Cell do you have?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

i've got a size 4 brain cell for my 14" ibm thinkpad t42p. it's absolutely the best bag i've ever used. it serves me fine at school but i anticipate traveling a bit in the future and it would be nice to put it in something with a bit more storage. i really like the simplicity of the brain cell and i think a simple, classic one flap messenger bag would be a perfect match.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'm glad you are enjoying your Brain Cell.

I understand where you're going with the simple aesthetics. My biggest question would be: Would Tom design a bag like that? I think, ultimately, that a bag like that just isn't a bag Tom would design.

A bag with a simple design that looked unlike other bags out there, that has a lot of pockets and organization under the flap? That I can see. Maybe it's the messenger bag version of the Smart Alec?
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

"A bag with a simple design that looked unlike other bags out there, that has a lot of pockets and organization under the flap? That I can see. Maybe it's the messenger bag version of the Smart Alec?"

There you go! That would be awesome.

I was thinking of the exact same thing and actually created an account specifically to make the suggestion before I even saw this post. What I'm looking for is a companion bag to the Aeronaut for travel. It would be small enough to be carried in hand onto an Airliner along with the Aeronaut, it would have room for a small to mid-sized laptop, some notebooks, pens, glasses, etc., but it would look much more like luggage or a messenger bag than a traditional laptop bag, it would be great to see it take its design cues right from the Aeronaut so that they looked like a matched set. A messenger Smart Alec would definately be along the right lines. Also- an innovative way to slip the laptop in and out quickly for security checks at the airport would be a godsend!

Isn't this the ID?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0