Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Nordic is fading out...

I think these might be from returns? Or they have two stocks: one for internet-shoping and one for the store.

Anyway: that is great news, congratulations for this catch!

I think that once they only have one or two of something, they must take it off the website to avoid too many phone calls saying that they are actually out of something that was listed as in stock. THAT is why we must all go and visit the actual store to see all the secret goodies! Let's go, guys!!

Wait, I get my Backpack and am on my way in a minute... (I would sooooooooo much like to go!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    As we all know nordic is ending (for now). I can't help but whatching it going. Yesterday it was the Side Effect that was no longer available today it is the Aeronout that lost this color-option. And for that one I am somewhat thankful. I have an Aeronout in Balistic and I made this desition regarding to: travel-bags have to be tough. But seeing it in NORDIC rocked my resistance every day. Now I do not have to worry about that anymore.

For now there are just four options in nordic left:

1. Medium Cafe Bag
    2. Large Cafe Bag
    3. Co-Pilot
    4. Swift
    5. Synapse 19

I know it is somewhat shallow to swoon about a color but I just can't help it.

Edit1: put in the Synapse I overlooked and that moriond kindly pointed out.
    I was in the store today. There is ONE PCSB in Nordic 400 in the store. As well as one black dyneema one. It killed me to leave the black one behind. I suspect you could call if you wanted it. :) Ask for Matthew.

@oooh_shiny
    Thanks you for your willingness to share. I think they are closed for business since it is nearly 9pm at Seattle. Hopefully, they would read my email first before it was offered to someone else .
    Sent from 41Lumia via TPTalk
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Phew~ Luckily still available.

Hanah, the Bag Guru who responded my email inquiry was happy to help me hold on for 2 weeks - maximum.
    I am still wondering whether to use USA Address Service like Comgateway to forward such small purchase to my sister at Singapore about USD25 (Include TB's USA Shipping)
    ,or add few more stuff and direct ship to my home country. Shall I choose the second, I will definitely be grounded, sleeping on living room for the whole month. :(

Anyway, just saying, shall anyone living in Singapore would not mind me to join their Order Check-Out, I wouldn't mind paying a portion of the flat Shipping Fee USD45 - reasonable USD15.

Thanks,

Now it is official: No more Nordic in the shop. Did not check yesterday but the day before there was still an brave Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack holding up the Nordic-Touch.
    As oooh_shiny was kind enough to share, there might be some secretive Nordic items left in the Store in Seattle but only the inquiry mind will be able to lure them out of their hiding.

For all of you without Nordic but in want of some: Do not loose hope! There are some items from time to time in the bag-swap or ebay threats.

For all of you who own and love Nordic: you are the keeper of a line that will no longer expand (or that is what we know so far... there is ALWAYS hope!). So here are some advice:

1. Give your Nordic a good dose of fresh air as often as you can. It needs to be used so it can fulfill its purpose in live.
    2. Feed it with all your best gear and belongings: it can handle the responsibility and will take care of you goodies with pride.
    3. Do not leave it behind anywhere: It is so good in finding friends, that it wont be there for you to reclaim it. NEVER EVER FORGET YOUR BAG
    4. Let it play with the other colored bags: It loves ALL of them because it is a true cosmopolitan.
    5. Be careful whom you lent it to, see point 3. for explanations.
    6. HAVE FUN WITH IT

So, as a watcher of the availability of Nordic I am out of a job now. Darcy, do you read me? Will this be forever?? Cant I get you to run a pity-round of Nordic???

Well... here you see me with hunched shoulders and dragging feet slowly moving away from this thread... I am off, taking out my Nordic-Collection and let it do the cheering-up.

Ilkyway

Oh how sad Ilkyway...
    treasure your Nordic...as I will my nordic shop bag!!!! x
    Ilkyway likes this.

@Ilkyway

What an eloquent paen to a dear departed colour!

*heartily applauds you*
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

(A long) Sigh~~~~~~~~~~
    Well, we all can relate to what's life is about. You never know something better, may came out from the corner.

I also wish to point out my honesty that this is one of the main reason I dislike TB - the retirement of those divine/wonderful colour include Solar.
    But I understand the reason behind it. I believe Darcy did pointed out many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Wait, I get my Backpack and am on my way in a minute... (I would sooooooooo much like to go!)
    Me too!!!!!!! And I would rifle through those bottoms of those yellow bins they have....oh what we could find!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0