Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Nordic is fading out...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Because it's used, we're not going to part with it for funds. But we'd accept some Pfeffernüsse for the crew as a trade…
    The crew has excellent taste - we have Pfeffernüsse most Christmases, as a special treat :)
    vivelly likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

DARCY are you serious???? Pleas let me know what, how, when... I am studdering...

I PM you if that is possible... off to do so.

Pfeffernüsse is a christmas-something here in Germany. BUT if that is what it takes me and my chirdren will do a summer-batch of them. Give me the grean light and we go backing. When the cookies are with you, you decide if it is a fair trade, what do you say to that?

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    The crew has excellent taste - we have Pfeffernüsse most Christmases, as a special treat :)
    A neighbor always puts this cookie on a holiday tray. I've enjoyed it blindly, never knowing the name.

And so it goes with the hint we just got: one of the debuts can be used as a daypack. But is the name as sweet as 'Pfeffernüsse'....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    And so it goes with the hint we just got: one of the debuts can be used as a daypack.
    I took Darcy's comment - "an Unnamed-New-Prototype-Design that won't be available anytime soon" - to mean that it's a prototype being tested, not one of the June debuts. Which surely has a name by now, only a week or two before release!

I think you're getting over-excited :)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I took Darcy's comment - "an Unnamed-New-Prototype-Design that won't be available anytime soon" - to mean that it's a prototype being tested, not one of the June debuts. Which surely has a name by now, only a week or two before release!

But could Darcy's post be the promised clue that comes the day before the new announcements?!
    moriond likes this.

Scroll up to where she's comparing to the S19....the smaller daypack-like-object is the debut and the larger daypack is a much further out tease :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Scroll up to where she's comparing to the S19....the smaller daypack-like-object is the debut and the larger daypack is a much further out tease :)
    Ah, yes, my bad - reading it too quickly as I'm at work! Hmm, an alternative to an S19...I'm definitely hoping for a new small/medium horizontal messenger bag :)
    Collections:

@ilkyway, I'm so happy you get your Nordic SA! And jealous of Darcy and the crew that they get Pfeffernusse! My MIL, who was half German, used to make a us a 3 lb. coffee can full every Christmas. I asked her once for the recipe, but she couldn't tell me. I wish *I* had something to trade with you, but, alas, I am a newbie to TB and need all the bags I have.
    moriond likes this.

@ Auntie Em if everything goes well and Darcy likes the Pfeffernüsse I will post the recipe here. But not beforehand. It might be she does not like them and than what?

Volunteer Moderator
    @Ilkyway, When you get a chance, will you do a comparison of the Dyneema weight SA and the one you currently have in Aubergine Ballistic Nylon? I've always been curious about the comparison. Dyneema wasn't an option when they released the new version in Aubergine, which is when I caved in to getting the Smart Alec. I do also like the fact that the Dyneema Smart Alecs have a single, uniform color/pattern -- which isn't otherwise an option.

Congrats! Unlike the Nordic Tri-Stars on eBay you were wistfully looking at, the Smart Alec is definitely a bag that you use (apart from the attractions of Nordic).

moriond
    Ilkyway likes this.

moriond I sure will do that! You are so right about me using this one and not using the Tri-Star though that one was sooo bellyfull too.

And I was looking for a Nordic SA for three reasons: 1. NORDIC! 2. lighter than my current one for the times when wait is the issue 3. a Smart Alec in only one color.

I do love my two-colored Smart Alec (as might have became clear in other posts ;-)). But I think the one-colored version will be so nice too. And aren't the photos Hollie put up just mouth-watering?
    I think I will end up using one Smart Alec as a camera backpack and the other for every day use. Might only be that I switch from time to time which one does which.

Ilkyway

ilkyway - so so happy for you that you will be getting the bag of your dreams!! So handsome, that Alec! :D

I do also like the fact that the Dyneema Smart Alecs have a single, uniform color/pattern
    moriond - so funny, it's a wonderful thing that TB offers so many different variations, so that each of us can pick the one that makes us happiest. I like the two-color versions of the SA precisely because of the contrast... I feel like the vertical contrast makes Alec look more svelte. ;P (and conversely, the grid pattern makes him look robust (and not hungry!) :))

And once ilkyway posts her Pfeffernusse recipe, we can all be happy and not hungry! :D

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    ilkyway - so so happy for you that you will be getting the bag of your dreams!! So handsome, that Alec! :D

moriond - so funny, it's a wonderful thing that TB offers so many different variations, so that each of us can pick the one that makes us happiest. I like the two-color versions of the SA precisely because of the contrast... I feel like the vertical contrast makes Alec look more svelte. ;P (and conversely, the grid pattern makes him look robust (and not hungry!) :))

And once ilkyway posts her Pfeffernusse recipe, we can all be happy and not hungry! :D
    @haraya I like the two-tone color option in the earlier generation Smart Alecs, as displayed in @maverick's recent thread on A smaller Smart Alec?. With the criss-cross bungee cord in the current design, I kind of like the single color/fabric option.
    haraya likes this.

My Nordic LSB arrived today - very pretty, I must say! Still not sold on it for "serious" bags, but if only there were 200d nordic dyneema for stuff sacks, I'd be a very happy bunny :)
    haraya likes this.
    Collections:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0