Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Nordic is fading out...

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    I tried so, so very hard to resist.... and actually held out for much longer than my TB purchase history would indicate... but finally ordered a Nordic/Solar MCB. It is too large for my daily use but will be perfect for daily sightseeing while traveling. And it is Nordic/Solar, after all. NOW I am done with Nordic purchases. (Exceptions will be made for anyone wishing to re-home a Nordic TS, WF and/or, after seeing @Hollie's photos in another thread, SA.)
    I just did the same exact thing as you. I told myself for the longest time that I didn't need a MCB since my SCB holds everything I need when I do take it out. However, the TB obsessed part of my brain took over and convinced me that I need a MCB as a library bag. Go figure. Although mine is the Plum/Olive color combo...I also ordered yet another organizer pouch (clear, small) to hold my library receipts. Oh, boy...this is getting ridiculous...I have more bags than I know what to do with. BUT, since I don't have kids and can't have pets, my TB bags and house plants are my pride and joys. HA!

The SA is on the top of my wish-list ether. Taminca every morning I check if the MCB and LCB are finally out of stock in nordic... but no luck. I know I do not need them but they are nordic and maybe in the future... BUT NO I wont use thous bags.

Apart from what might be made/soled in the future all the nordic I want is now here. But the weather is so stormy that I have to wait till it gets better to make the photos. Cant risk a bag to fly away, can I?

Ilkyway

I thought I do an update on the Nordic-Options available right now: since there where made some more bags out of this gouges color you can get right now:

1. Packing Cube Backpack for the Tri-Star/Western Fleyer
    2. Packing Cube Backpack for the Aeronaut
    3. Medium Café Bag
    4. Large Café Bag
    5. Travel Tray
    6. Shop Bag large

So there are still 6 options left. I personally hope that the Café Bags find homes soon, because they look at me with these big puppy-eyes and it is getting harder and harder not to order them. I AM A BACKPACK-PERSON I keep saying to myself. I hope it helps!

On a personal note: If anybody is willing to part with a nordic Smart Alec I would make a nice offer for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    So there are still 6 options left. I personally hope that the Café Bags find homes soon, because they look at me with these big puppy-eyes
    I like the vision of the puppy eyes bag! On a different note, @ilkyway I think you posted a very nice set of guidelines you ask yourself when considering whether to buy a new bag - I can't find the original post. Can you describe that again or somebody link to it? It is especially relevant (for me) with this wait for the new products.
    Hollie and Ilkyway like this.

I don't want to push anyone into a bag they aren't meant for, but I will just say that of the Nordic I've acquired, I'm extremely happy that I got my Cafe Bags into that mix. They are really beautiful bags, such a unique look. I often get compliments on mine.
    ncb4 and Ilkyway like this.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

@ GoStanford: I think you meant this post Competing consumer paradigms #6

I totally stand by it and every point is checked but I have a small Cafe Bag and I will very seldom use it because it is a one-shoulder-bag. The two big siblings are can be packed so full that I am afraid that I get sever headache from carrying them around.

Hollie I believe you. If I would see you with a Nordic bag I would try and find a secred handshake with you. We Nordic-collectors would have much to chat about. If you have time to post pictures with a person wearing the two bigger cafe bags that might push me over the edge ;-)
    Hollie likes this.

@Ilkyway, I can only wear the cafe bags cross body because I am very short and the straps only adjust so much (unless one cuts the plastic pad iff, which I don't want to do). So I droll over the pretty colors, but to this day, I have 1 MCB in cocoa/wasabi and 1 SCB in linen/olive. I bought a LCB in steel dyneema/steel dyneema - never used it. I gifted it to a loved one who does field surveys in rural areas. She loves it for carrying her field survey stuff and the fact that the bag is light.

If TB makes the straps of the CBs adjustable on both sides, I will be in trouble. For now, I am grateful that the design of the strap keeps me away from buying more CBs :). Not that it matters - ask me how many LS, S, S19, shop bags, accessories I have. :)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Hollie I believe you. If I would see you with a Nordic bag I would try and find a secred handshake with you. We Nordic-collectors would have much to chat about. If you have time to post pictures with a person wearing the two bigger cafe bags that might push me over the edge ;-)
    You two are killing me! I am wobbling over buying more Nordic. I have a strict rule about 1 shop bag per Dyneema color... but I don't have any large in the 400d (my Nordic is a small). So I need it, right?! I have this sense that as soon as I buy it, the crew will announce a new 400d color. Maybe putting in another order will help to push the June debuts along.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    @Ilkyway, I can only wear the cafe bags cross body because I am very short and the straps only adjust so much (unless one cuts the plastic pad iff, which I don't want to do).
    Walker, have you tried threading the adjustment buckle through the plastic pad to the other side? morind described the process (much better than I did) here: Small Cafe Bag for a 5 year old girl?

I am very short too and had to do this on one of my MCBs to be able to wear it even cross-body without it hanging too low. But cross-body is the only way I like to wear my Cafe Bags (unless it's for an extremely short period of time and not worth the effort of passing the strap over my head).
    Walker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I have a strict rule about 1 shop bag per Dyneema color... but I don't have any large in the 400d (my Nordic is a small). So I need it, right?! I have this sense that as soon as I buy it, the crew will announce a new 400d color. Maybe putting in another order will help to push the June debuts along.
    I had the same rule... but I obended it. I wish I had made up my mind when they where 35 but at 50 they are still great and worth the money. And what if the new (if there is one) 400er dyneema color is not as pretty as the nordic? I am not taking any chances here. This is serious business ;-)

I'm contemplating the large cafe bag with the Q-AM strap. It will allow the bag to be carried more like a backpack (I think).

Some commentary in this thread and video of the Q-AM with the Ego.

The problem is, I can't find any photos or video using the Q-AM with the LCB. Can someone please post or link what this setup looks like on an actual person?
    Ilkyway likes this.

@teresapoet, thanks for the suggestion and link. I had read that thread. Does not work for me because the buckle sits in an OUCH location. So I just wear them crossbody. All good - keeps me from buying more CB :).

@ GoStanford: I think you meant this post Competing consumer paradigms #6

I totally stand by it and every point is checked but I have a small Cafe Bag and I will very seldom use it because it is a one-shoulder-bag. The two big siblings are can be packed so full that I am afraid that I get sever headache from carrying them around.

A secret handshake! What a great idea. :)

So you'd like pictures of the bigger bags? Hmmm......I'll see what I can arrange!
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Maybe putting in another order will help to push the June debuts along.
    I like this logic :)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    On a personal note: If anybody is willing to part with a nordic Smart Alec I would make a nice offer for that.
    Well… let me first say I am usually unwilling to give up any bags from my personal collection. But I do have a Smart Alec in Nordic* that I'm not currently using… my smaller daypack is the Synapse 19 (or a new bag debuting at the end of this month that I can't name) and for a larger daypack, I'm using an Unnamed-New-Prototype-Design that won't be available anytime soon or a Guide's Pack or my other Smart Alec.

My Nordic Smart Alec been used on hikes more than a few times. Keep in mind that it's been me using it: that means it's been thrown in the dirt, hailed on, rained on, snowed on, mudded up, tossed into the back of a car with the dogs, and otherwise treated quite roughly. I'll certainly give it a good wipe down, but I thought I should disclose all of that and no worries if that makes it less than appealing. All that said, it continues to look pretty much brand new. Here's a photo:

Name:  nordicsmartalec.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  139.7 KB

Because it's used, we're not going to part with it for funds. But we'd accept some Pfeffernüsse for the crew as a trade…

*Note: I just happened to see Ilkyway's post which is why I'm responding now. If someone else expressed an interest in a Nordic Smart Alec and I didn't offer this then, sorry! I probably didn't see your post or if I did, I didn't even think of it then. Just a chance/luck thing going on here. And the only other things I have in Nordic are an Aeronaut, Shop Bags and a Synapse 19 and I'll just say now there's no way I'm parting with those!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0