Like Tree12Likes
  • 10 Post By kkintea
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By GoStanford

Thread: Thoughts on modifying the 400d PCSB to be a mini horizontal messenger bag

Thoughts on modifying the 400d PCSB to be a mini horizontal messenger bag

Dear Tom Bihn & Crew:

I have been test packing the Nordic PCSB and guess what? I am convinced it should be brought back into production with just a few tweaks as a mini horizontal messenger bag, especially for folks who missed out on the opportunity to get one.

What is already fantastic?
    • It already has 2 o-rings for tethering accessories inside (one in the main and the other in the pocket)
    • The slanted front zipper makes it easy to access items from said pocket on the go
    • The 400d fabric gives the bag some shape without taking away its endless packability
    • The back does not gap open!! (this could be a negative for other folks who prefer the open pocket)
    • It appeals to folks who prefer the horizontal as opposed to vertical bag style
    • It can be used with various existing strap options (i.e., 5/8-in, simple, absolute)

What could be improved?
    • It could have another o-ring (or two) in the main compartment
    • It could have interior pockets on one side in the main compartment
    • And that's it! It's ready for production!

Perhaps you'll surprise us with the MHMB as one of the fab 5 premiering in June!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Dear Tom Bihn & Crew:

I have been test packing the Nordic PCSB and guess what? I am convinced it should be brought back into production with just a few tweaks as a mini horizontal messenger bag, especially for folks who missed out on the opportunity to get one.

What is already fantastic?
    • It already has 2 o-rings for tethering accessories inside (one in the main and the other in the pocket)
    • The slanted front zipper makes it easy to access items from said pocket on the go
    • The 400d fabric gives the bag some shape without taking away its endless packability
    • The back does not gap open!! (this could be a negative for other folks who prefer the open pocket)
    • It appeals to folks who prefer the horizontal as opposed to vertical bag style
    • It can be used with various existing strap options (i.e., 5/8-in, simple, absolute)

What could be improved?
    • It could have another o-ring (or two) in the main compartment
    • It could have interior pockets on one side in the main compartment
    • And that's it! It's ready for production!

Perhaps you'll surprise us with the MHMB as one of the fab 5 premiering in June!
    Couldn' t say it better! I guess many will share your view as the PCSB was the first 400d PC to sell all!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 18 days to go!!

i'd buy one of those

Just a bit bigger so I can put my laptop (in Cache), and I'm sold. These extra features are gravy.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I think an iteration of the PCSB in both dyneema and parapack/cordura would be a great move. The Side Effect is basically a 3D fabric cube with a few added bells and whistles - why not do the same for the PCSB?

I've test-packed mine (black, not nordic) to use as a seat-back bag and it will also be my backup EDC at the other end. The main reason I have an alternative EDC is that I'm collecting a TB order from a US friend and it includes a SCB, so I'll probably use that in preference.
    eWalker likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I think an iteration of the PCSB in both dyneema and parapack/cordura would be a great move. The Side Effect is basically a 3D fabric cube with a few added bells and whistles - why not do the same for the PCSB?

I've test-packed mine (black, not nordic) to use as a seat-back bag
    I have read several reports of the combination of double carabiners + PCSB as SBB. There's a new Aeronaut review that points this trend very nicely. http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65041

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Orders placed! Countdown to Mid August for the A45, A30, NF20 & CP10 : 18 days to go!!

I too would be eager to try a zippable shoulder/tote style. Today I am stuck because I have a suitcase I am planning to check and the Pilot for carry-on, but I did some shopping and my suitcase is over 50 lbs now I am pretty sure. I didn't bring an extra tote with me, but if I had a zippable Swift-style bag or large PCSB type bag, maybe I could offload some stuff. I ended up buying a Vera Bradley on sale at a nearby gift shop. (My first VB by the way and it is very soft and comfy on my shoulder!)
    eWalker likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0