Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Turned my 3D Clear Organizer Cube inside out

Turned my 3D Clear Organizer Cube inside out

I used my 3D Clear Organizer Cube to hold snacks for a day out with friends, it did double duty as temporary trashcan for the wrappers too, so it got a little dirty with crumbs, chocolate flakes and other tasty morsels and I decided to turn it inside out for quick cold shower.
    I hung it up to air dry after that. Something kinda struck me after I looked at it while it was drying and I took another one out to turn inside out as well.
    Name:  photo (3).JPG
Views: 1175
Size:  437.7 KB
    Some observations
    1. It's lined with another layer of Dyneema on the inside. (I know I know, it's clear and the lining is a different color, how did I miss that?!)
    2. It seems bigger, and I think it is, since the bindings are now on the outside, not a huge increase in volume though.
    3. It can stand on its own! I definitely like this!
    4. I remember someone saying that he/she found the hook to be in the way, well now the hook is outside.
    5. The o-rings and zipper pulls are now inside and in the way lol, but not that bad.
    My thoughts
    This is totally random, and probably doesn't do much for travel, the hook on the outside will be a hassle as it'll catch on stuff while outside for one. But if you use it for desktop organization, the self standing feature could be pretty nifty. I don't know if I'll be making extensive use of this little discovery, but it's a good thing to know that it has a different "mode" I can activate when needed.

I've read through various reviews of TB products, and of course the TB blog. Most, if not all of the reviews gushed about the workmanship of TB products while the blog gives us insight into just how much care goes into the construction of a TB product. But more often than not, it's the bigger bags that hog the limelight. I'd like to point out that equal care goes into making their smaller products too. The extra layer of Dyneema that lines the inside of the cube would probably have been left out in other cheaper similar products. Same thing goes for the binding on the inside to close off the edges as well. If they put so much effort into making a simple Cube, I'm now wondering just how much more about their other bags I am not noticing. I shall definitely look forward to discovering more!

I noticed the second liner only recently! Has anyone ever tried to remove the internal hook? I never use it and it often is in the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

it would be easy enough to cut the webbing and melt the end with a lighter, or just snip the hook off and leave the triangle, or snip the triangle to leave the webbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachiyaku View Post
    I noticed the second liner only recently! Has anyone ever tried to remove the internal hook? I never use it and it often is in the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    For a non permanent way to deal with the hook, perhaps you could try to tape it to the inside wall?

Quote Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
    it would be easy enough to cut the webbing and melt the end with a lighter, or just snip the hook off and leave the triangle, or snip the triangle to leave the webbing.
    It's physically easy to do, but you might be surprised at how traumatizing it is to use a pair of scissors on a TB bag for some of us.
    I for one will admit that I am squeamish and will never attempt it :P

I agree the inside second color is a beautiful surprise. Regrettably, I returned a UV Dyneema 3D clear cube some time ago despite the presence of its Wasabi inner lining. I *may* have just re-ordered a 3D clear cube (Plum Cordura this time). I'll look for any other colors inside!

I think returning and re-ordering is a sign of being hooked! Thanks for sharing this picture - it is a nifty product and you are right about the work that must go into it. This item is part of the planned price increase (by $5 as of May 14) so that also stimulated my interest in re-ordering.

I cut the hook off my 3D fabric organizer, and use that triangle to attach a key strap. The fabric one makes a nice tiny purse for just running into the store or for an evening bag when traveling.

The 3D mesh cube has a similar wasabi bit on the bottom too. My wasabi clear cube is my 3-1-1 bag for travel. Though I think they should be marketed for NFL football fans! Last year's rule allows only clear bags in stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I cut the hook off my 3D fabric organizer, and use that triangle to attach a key strap. The fabric one makes a nice tiny purse for just running into the store or for an evening bag when traveling.
    This is exactly why I am stalking the all fabric organizer for the return of black 420d. @sturbridge, could you post a picture of what the modified inside looks like?

Name:  IMG_0534.JPG
Views: 1018
Size:  763.7 KB
    Here's the requested picture of my 3d fabric organizer with the hook cut off and a key strap attached.

I also use the fabric 3D Organizer Cube (steel Parapack) as a mini Side Effect. After removing the entire plastic hook, I added a flat split ring to the webbing loop. This arrangement works best if you're not removing the contents very often since the bag is stuffed, but not to the max. I rarely remove anything except the wallet which is a brown mini pouch.
    Name:  IMG_8281.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  319.4 KBName:  IMG_8290.JPG
Views: 925
Size:  725.4 KBName:  IMG_8285.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  281.3 KBName:  IMG_8287.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  777.4 KB

I didn't know they were 3D Cubes in Parapack!

This beautiful pictures and the ones of the SDOP and LDOP might mean a slight change in my next order.
    Last edited by backpack; 05-21-2014 at 08:45 AM.

@Susan. How clever are you?!!
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I agree the inside second color is a beautiful surprise. Regrettably, I returned a UV Dyneema 3D clear cube some time ago despite the presence of its Wasabi inner lining. I *may* have just re-ordered a 3D clear cube (Plum Cordura this time). I'll look for any other colors inside!
    I just got a 3D clear cube in plum cordura (love it!) and it has wasabi cordura inside. I'll be interested to hear whether yours has the same colour scheme.
    eWalker likes this.

Every 3D Clear Cube seems to have Wasabi lining, most probably to reinforce the side with no zipper, this making it less floppy on the right side and able to stay upright when turned inside out.

The Wasabi lining infuriates me because I reeeeeeeeeealllllllllllly want to collect Clear 3D Cube but I am not a Wasabi person, at all.

I wish Tom and the Crew will make a batch with Steel Dyneema or Black Cordura lining.

But if the Wasabi lining helps the Crew, with the manufacturing process, for example, we have x yard of x, y, z color strips to make x number of 3D Clear Cubes so we need x yard of Wasabi cut to make the lower backing, who am I to argue?

In protest, I got Clear Quarter Packing Cubes and 3D Cubes! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Shor View Post
    I just got a 3D clear cube in plum cordura (love it!) and it has wasabi cordura inside. I'll be interested to hear whether yours has the same colour scheme.
    Got 2 Storm Cordura Clear Cubes, both have the Wasabi Cordura inner layer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0