Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Is the Large Nordic Shop Bag gone ... forever??

Unhappy Is the Large Nordic Shop Bag gone ... forever??

Gahhhhhh ... did I miss the boat on getting the last Large Shop Bag in Nordic??

Grab the Small Shop Bag in Nordic as consolation while you can?

Worse than missing the boat: I had an order in for 2 of them, backordered. They called today to say they couldn't fulfill the order as they were truly out and apparently oversold. Totally bummed and a bit miffed @ Tom Bihn!

So I had to settle for black, steel both in 400d.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_abides View Post
    Worse than missing the boat: I had an order in for 2 of them, backordered. They called today to say they couldn't fulfill the order as they were truly out and apparently oversold. Totally bummed and a bit miffed @ Tom Bihn!

So I had to settle for black, steel both in 400d.
    This, I know, is a major bummer. We agonize in these situations when we know we need to call folks and tell them we're out of a bag (forever). We're usually pretty good about getting a color option off the website for that happens, but sometimes one will sneak past us, especially if people are placing lots of orders for it (as they were for the Large Shop Bag in Nordic… knowing, I think, it would soon be gone.)

Sorry!! If it's any consolation, I have many colors of Shop Bag, but the Black 400d is my personal favorite. It goes with me pretty much everywhere.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I noticed that Nordic has disappeared from the Pilot and the Organizer Wallet offerings now too. Still available in Cafe Bags (all sizes), Co-Pilot, Aeronaut, PCBP (both types), PCSB, Travel Tray, Side Effect, S19, and Swift. Still plenty of Nordic opportunities!
    Last edited by kkintea; 05-03-2014 at 09:38 AM.

I waited too long! :( Nordic has now disappeared from all PCBP options, travel tray, PCSB, and Shop Bags. Maybe it was for the best because I already own those items in other colors -- it was sheer Nordic lust that compelled me to want to buy them.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I waited too long! :( Nordic has now disappeared from all PCBP options, travel tray, PCSB, and Shop Bags. Maybe it was for the best because I already own those items in other colors -- it was sheer Nordic lust that compelled me to want to buy them.
    @Ginkgo Yes, but Nordic is still available for the Swift, Co-Pilot, and the Large and Medium size Cafe Bags. Why not try it in the Swift if you couldn't get a Shop Bag?

moriond

ETA: Of course, you might already have the Swift in Nordic Dyneema. After all, you're the originator of the thread My Nordic Small Shop Bag is kind of blowing my mind
    Last edited by moriond; 05-10-2014 at 09:48 PM.

I found this when I visited my Audible-Account today:
    Name:  Nordic Kills.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  81.2 KB

In fact it is not talking about all the stress (whanting/buying/waiting/missing...) this color has generated here but about some fiction about crimes taking place in northern Europe. I hope this helps to laugh away some of the above mentioned stress.

Ilkyway

Edit: it is not northern Germany but norther Europe, sorry
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 05-11-2014 at 04:38 AM.

You can still rescue one of the last remaining Nordic Swifts!

Hesitation #1: But what if it falls over!

Well, it can droop a little bit if there's nothing in it. But ask yourself: when would your Tom Bihn bag really ever be empty?!

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.12.30 PM.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  143.5 KB

Solution: Fill it with other TB stuff.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.27.45 PM.png
Views: 350
Size:  623.5 KB Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.21.08 PM.png
Views: 347
Size:  645.5 KB

What you're seeing in the filled Swift: file folder, 13" MBA in Cache, Steel Ballistic Mesh Organizer, Iberian Dyneema Mesh Organizer, Solar Dyneema Fabric Organizer, and Steel Parapack Side Effect. Just a smattering of what can actually fit in there. I pulled some things from my Imago and SCB that were at hand....

Hesitation #2: But can it compete with ballistic and cordura bags!

The pockets seem to exert drag on the Little Swift and Swift when nothing is in the bottom of the bag, even in the smaller ballistic version. What you're seeing front to back: Steel Ballistic Little Swift, Linen Small Cafe Bag, Steel Ballistic/Cork Imago, Nordic Swift. The SCB and Imago have more 'standing-up power', but the organization of these bags is much different. The Nordic Swift is the winner in carrying capacity and versatility. It has 3 positions to close it but can also function with the top open. It really packs a punch with the load assortment it can handle. It has the same straps as the Shop Bag, but a reinforced bottom for a heavier load if need be.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 10.41.34 PM.png
Views: 352
Size:  708.1 KB

Conclusion: go ahead and get it. You won't be sorry! That is, unless you miss out on Nordic.

Volunteer Moderator
    @kkintea I have to admire the thoroughness and passion of your response compared to my own pale suggestion: "@Ginkgo Yes, but Nordic is still available for the Swift …Why not try it in the Swift if you couldn't get a Shop Bag?" You muster convincing arguments and put tempting pictures into your reply. More enabler points for @kkintea…

moriond
    kkintea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    You can still rescue one of the last remaining Nordic Swifts!
    You won't be sorry! That is, unless you miss out on Nordic.
    Love this picture - and I do have a Nordic Swift on order...and I think of it as a sleeker Shop Bag - I find that I am turning to the Shop Bag as a catch-all in the car and for sports gear. The Swift has that similar "hold-all" look but more streamlined. I think it's *great* to post these pictures with multiple bags in similar colorways - gives us all a great idea of the tones/textures. Please keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    It has the same straps as the Shop Bag, but a reinforced bottom for a heavier load if need be....
    Conclusion: go ahead and get it. You won't be sorry! That is, unless you miss out on Nordic.
    @kkintea, your post is dangerous! I've not (til now) been interested in the Swift, but the idea of a more sophisticated Shop Bag with reinforced bottom is very compelling...and it IS in Nordic, after all. Hmm....
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

It is fascinating...the color of the Linen Cafe Bag. It always turns out lighter in pictures. You never seem to be able to catch the true colour with this bag. I tried many times with many different lights and it always turns out paler than it really is. And its very difficult to describe too. Its an intriguing color. A chameleon.

vivelly you have to put it next to other light colored thinks. Your camara tries to make everything in the picture seen. So if there are big parts of dark components in the picture it perks up the light to make them seen. And that makes light colors most likely to appear to light.

Just something to try out.

Will do, thanks Ilkyway. :) So far I have not seen a true colour linen photo on this site.
    You come from the same neck of the woods than me. :)
    Ilkyway likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0