Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scribe

Thread: Problem with Side Effect waist belt twisting

Problem with Side Effect waist belt twisting

I recently got around to using my new SE and discovered a problem for me. Using the SE with the waist strap Gatekeeper clips doesn't work well. The clips move up and down in the O-ring and can rotate, causing the strap to turn upside down and twist and get all discombobulated. If the clips could go through/behind the horizontal webbing that secures the O-ring then that couldn't happen. I may try and do a mod, maybe remove the O-rings as I don't plan on using it in over-the-shoulder mode. Can provide pictures if that isn't clear enough, and it probably isn't. Anyone else notice this and/or have a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by spamjam View Post
    I recently got around to using my new SE and discovered a problem for me. Using the SE with the waist strap Gatekeeper clips doesn't work well. The clips move up and down in the O-ring and can rotate, causing the strap to turn upside down and twist and get all discombobulated. If the clips could go through/behind the horizontal webbing that secures the O-ring then that couldn't happen. I may try and do a mod, maybe remove the O-rings as I don't plan on using it in over-the-shoulder mode. Can provide pictures if that isn't clear enough, and it probably isn't. Anyone else notice this and/or have a solution?
    If I'm understanding the problem correctly, there's an easy fix: the horizontal black webbing towards the middle on each edge had space to accommodate the gatekeeper. It's actually two loops so the gatekeeper can go on the pocket side or the non-pocket side. Let me know if that doesn't help and I'll see if I can make a picture.

Edit: Or, look at this picture:
    http://www.tombihn.com/mm5/PRODIMG/T...TB0412_05b.jpg
    Last edited by jmoz; 04-16-2014 at 01:30 PM.

As jmoz says, the clips go into the webbing loops, not the o-ring. Maybe this video from forum member Maverick will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrr9q-feGQ
    Moose likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Doh! Got it! Staring me in the face. Too obvious a problem to be overlooked. Nevermind. Non-rookie rookie mistake. Etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by spamjam; 04-16-2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Doh'd my duh.

No worries! I think mine came with the waist strap attached - what took me the time was working out how to open the gatekeeper clips to remove it! *facepalm*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0