I dream of an Aeronaut's style Kendo Bogu bag

To put my Kendo Bogu (armour) All about Kendo on Wikipedia

With:
    - Backstraps and padded back.
    - One inside pocket to put my wet kendogi (eventually 2) and my towel.
    - One inside pocket to put my folded hakama (mesh?).
    - A central place to put my bogu.
    - One inside pocket to put my tenugui, my soap, some tape, my wallet and my keys.
    - A simple strap system to fix my shinai bag (to go to the dojo by bike)

Color? Crimson of course

The next step would be a shinai bag to accomodate 4 shinai, a boken and a kodachi.

With :
    - a shoulder strap,
    - a connecting strap to fix the bag to the bogu bag.
    - a small pocket to store 4-5 tsuba.

I know, it's not computer related and there are already many bogu bags and shinai bags but nothing in the spirit of TB.

Quite honestly, though I am fond of Kendo myself- the market may be too small for a representation from a mass luggage manufacturer. There are already excellent backpacks made for marine use or wet weather use that you may find better suited. As soon as I remember the name of the one I'm thinking of, I'll post it.

Ahh Kendo. I have practiced aikido for years and get my boken and hakima(s) from a company called Bu Jin. ( full disclosure) The man who started the company is my sensei, Ikeda-sensei at the Boulder Aikikai in Boulder, CO.
    They have a nice Bogu Bag in 2 sizes
    http://www.bujindesign.org/product_i...4c52ed35f0bed3

I get nothing for this, but thought that if you were looking for a bogu bag, there are some out there.

PS, I love my Super Ego and Cafe bags.

thax

Quote Originally Posted by thax View Post
    Ahh Kendo. I have practiced aikido for years and get my boken and hakima(s) from a company called Bu Jin. ( full disclosure) The man who started the company is my sensei, Ikeda-sensei at the Boulder Aikikai in Boulder, CO.
    They have a nice Bogu Bag in 2 sizes
    http://www.bujindesign.org/product_i...4c52ed35f0bed3

I get nothing for this, but thought that if you were looking for a bogu bag, there are some out there.

PS, I love my Super Ego and Cafe bags.

thax
    Thank's for your answer.

I know Bu Jin, I've one Dogi Pack, the service is good, but I don't realy like the shape of their Bogu Bag.
    An internal pocket for hakama and kendogi is better for air travelling.
    I don't like the zippers, I want the same as my Aeronaut.
    I don't want to open the handle to open my bag. Aeronaut solution is better.
    I want really good straps, shoulder or backpack, not cheap ones.
    I want a crimson bag, even if it become dirty, is easier to find during a competition day with 200 others fellows kendoka.

In one word Aeronaut

For the market consideration, Zephyrnoid, for computer bags it's the same. There are already so many bags why to do some more?

Well, if Tom won't think to a bogu bag, I'll buy one from Bu Jin...

I think I've located a good candidate...
    check this out
    http://countycomm.com/72HRBAG.htm
    If you contact Frank (frank@countycomm.com) and say that Imago Metrics referred you, he might send you a 'review' sample. I haven't seen it in person so I can't vouch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    I think I've located a good candidate...
    check this out
    http://countycomm.com/72HRBAG.htm
    If you contact Frank (frank@countycomm.com) and say that Imago Metrics referred you, he might send you a 'review' sample. I haven't seen it in person so I can't vouch for it.
    Thank you for the suggestion, it's a nice bag. Unfortunately it's to small.
    My bogu (armour) is 23" x 21.3"x 12" / 460 x 415 x 304.

I just need a bigger Aeronaut with a central part size 23" x 23" x 12" / 460 x 460 x 304mm. Naturally it could be more than 12" deep to follow the proportion of the Aeronaut.

Unhappy So sad

Finally I (sadly) bought a Bujin bag, it's not bad but it's far from the quality of an Aeronaut's bag.

Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    Finally I (sadly) bought a Bujin bag, it's not bad but it's far from the quality of an Aeronaut's bag.
    How about a bigger Aeronaut?

Volunteer Moderator

Bigger Aeronaut

Quote Originally Posted by ratdeau View Post
    How about a bigger Aeronaut?
    There's probably a market for this, since the Aeronaut has a really nice design. And even though I mostly use the Aeronaut as a maximum size carryon, there are some instances where I've checked it (as when I have a 6-hour connection and don't want to carry around my luggage for the whole period.)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I'll alert Tom to this thread: he's currently working on a *smaller* carry-on bag. And it's not a smaller Aeronaut: it has a different look (same amazing clean lines and design, though) and may have different carrying options...
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    There's probably a market for this, since the Aeronaut has a really nice design. And even though I mostly use the Aeronaut as a maximum size carryon, there are some instances where I've checked it (as when I have a 6-hour connection and don't want to carry around my luggage for the whole period.)
    Darcy - working on a smaller carry on is great! But, I'm on the side of a bigger bag myself. I haven't purchased an Aeronaut yet only because it may be a little small for me. Since I'm a big guy I'd have to carry two bags when I travel on business anyway off topic alert: >>> which is why I'm still dreaming of a Tom Bihn Garment bag to suppliment the Aeronaut. back on topic: >>> So an Aeuronaut with a larger center section would be a good idea. I think there's deffinatly a market for that. Knowing that it won't conform to the regulations for "maximum carry-on" wouldn't matter since those purchasing it understand that it'll have to be checked.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    So an Aeuronaut with a larger center section would be a good idea. I think there's deffinatly a market for that. Knowing that it won't conform to the regulations for "maximum carry-on" wouldn't matter since those purchasing it understand that it'll have to be checked.
    Have you looked at these? USA made, good guarantee and some of them are big.

Thanks GaryS. I can honestly say I haven't looked at these bags. I actually already have a garment bag, and a larger case I use for travel. So, while I'm in the market for something new and improved - I'm not in dire need of anything.

However for me it's more of a Style choice. I like the look and feel of Tom Bihn's bags. I've already sold a few of my coworkers on them. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he comes up with next. I already have a Christmas list of things I'm purchasing for family too.

Thanks for the tip, and site though.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I'll alert Tom to this thread: he's currently working on a *smaller* carry-on bag. And it's not a smaller Aeronaut: it has a different look (same amazing clean lines and design, though) and may have different carrying options...
    We are so spoiled. I love it! ***HUGS TO TB CREW***

There's a market for bigger Aeronaut.
    http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16205

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0