Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn Sighting, Orlando!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks, @moriond! I was wondering about that DC Tom Bihn Fest. The photos from both events are lovely...and it looks like a great time was had by all. Has there been any other Tom Bihn Fests? I think we need a West Coast one... Maybe California? Any Cal TBers out there game?
    Hmm...no interest, I see. Well, since I live in Northern California, maybe I could talk @Badger into a meet near the CA-OR border for a combination Wine Tasting and Tom Bihn Fest. (Am assuming @Badger is an Oregonian based on our friendly wine competition in Moosezilla's SA thread :)
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Uh...not exactly sure why anyone would want to hang out by the OR/CA border.

NB: Oregon and then California, because one state is quite incontrovertibly above the other ;)

Actually, if anyone in the Midwest wants to do a Chicago meetup this summer, we should! Or Minneapolis if Rocks will tell us where to have brunch. Or Milwaukee, because I'm lazy and don't want to leave home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heh, the OR/CA border means Ashland, OR, the home of the beautiful Siskiyou mountains, dry, hot summer temps, the Shakespeare festival, the Britt music festival, mountain lakes and hiking, and vineyards galore....
    taminca likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Heh, the OR/CA border means Ashland, OR, the home of the beautiful Siskiyou mountains, dry, hot summer temps, the Shakespeare festival, the Britt music festival, mountain lakes and hiking, and vineyards galore....
    Yup! I will actually be there in May. Have tickets to some plays, including A Wrinkle in Time!
    Hollie likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I lived there for many years before moving to Seattle area. It's a beautiful, beautiful place, especially in the spring and fall.

Unfortunately, the Toronto meet-up never happened. We should try again this summer. I have spotted TB bags here about three times. Most recently, a gentleman was carrying a lovely S19 in blue. I always make sure to point out that they are carrying a nice bag. :)

Not a lot of TB people in this area, so it's always a nice surprise.
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

I've had several sightings, and came out of it feeling like a crazy lady each time.

1. I spotted a guy with a Ristretto on the street in Barcelona.

2. A guy had a Brain Bag in front of me in the boarding line at an airport once.

3. Leaving Seattle, a woman boarded wearing a beautiful Sapphire Aeronaut.

4. At a local event for homeschoolers, a guy showed up with THREE Tom Bihn bags. He said he had no idea that there was such a thing as a Tom Bihn fan, and that his mother in law had given each family member a bag for Christmas.

I've converted some of my closest friends to Tom Bihn, and always love seeing our giant pile of TB bags every time we travel together. I keep waiting for a fellow Tom Bihn fan to spot us with our 4 Aeronauts, 2 Brain Bags, and 6 Synapses.
    --Amanda

Packing and gadget geek, collecting bags to disperse to my family.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yohopee View Post
    Not a lot of TB people in this area, so it's always a nice surprise.
    I think @peregrina lives in Toronto. Her picture of the Hemp Little Swift is at the bottom of the Little Swift Product Page, and for green lovers, I've always liked her pictures of the Cafe Bag in Olive/Wasabi. She also got the Swift in Forest/Hemp and posted pictures of it on her blog.

moriond

Thank you! I will check out the links now.
    LCB, S19, SE, Co-Pilot, wallet, pouches

Latest sighting--I was in Heathrow Airport with my steel Tristar and my Aubergine Imago when I spotted someone with a Nordic Pilot. We made contact, admired each others' bags, and parted--making Heathrow just a tad friendlier than it had been before.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

I had an epic sighting in Minneapolis at the new downtown Whole Foods. A guy had a black Dyneema Smart Alec and the same color shop bag. He was so cool looking I decided to order the very same Smart Alec and try it again. Hurry up and get here, backordered bag!
    Last edited by Rocks; 05-29-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Cool @Rocks. Did you use the secret handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Cool @Rocks. Did you use the secret handshake?
    lol I didn't get a chance! I had my conifer Synapse on though, and he passed me, so I hope he saw it.

Conifer Synapse? OMG!

Had a Tom Bihn sighting today - was walking from campus to the parking lots and saw someone with a TB pilot. Unfortunately the weather and time was not conducive to chatting. Still it was nice to see one in the flesh.
    RhoFro and scribe like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0