Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Badger

Thread: Not a conventional Tom Bihn bag, but...

Not a conventional Tom Bihn bag, but...

I know that, in the past, it has been far too problematic to design and market dust covers for computers. But with the release of the current-generation, DVD-less iMac in the Fall of 2012, alongside the existing Apple Thunderbolt Display, there should be few if any worries about changes in external size and shape of these machines. Basically, a 27-inch current-generation iMac is thinner than the Thunderbolt Display. So the design evolution is clear: They keep getting thinner and more like laptops.

I would really like to see Tom Bihn make and sell dust covers for the 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMacs and the 27-inch Thunderbolt Displays.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but who actually uses a dust cover? If you're using your computer every day and giving it a clean once in a while, how dusty is it going to get?

FWIW, a number of years ago the very excellent ACME Made did a line of pretty stylish iMac and Apple Cinema Display covers. As I recall they were only on offer for a few months. I'm just not sure there's a huge market for such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0