Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 1 Post By Badger

Thread: Using Eagle Creek Cubes In Aeronaut Bag

Using Eagle Creek Cubes In Aeronaut Bag

Anyone used other manufacturer's cubes inside their Tom Bihn bags? I have several Eagle Creek cubes that are not same dimensions as those for my TB Aeronaut bag (still on the truck on it's way to me). Will I find that packing is less practical or smart if you will? Should I spring for the TB bags sized for my Aeronaut?

I use a combination of TB and eagle creek. I use whaterver fits and works best for what I'm packing. May I suggest you first understand what you pack most and what your packing "style" is? I like to have a place for everything and a bag for it to go in. Once you've had your bag a few days I think you'll be clear about what will work for you.
    Pictures of the new bag please. :)
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Definitely try out the cubes you already own first. While they may not fit perfectly, the Aeronaut can adapt and conform to basically whatever you put in it. I've had an Aeronaut for a good while and only just recently bought two dedicated cubes for it. Until then I used a combo of eagle creek and other TB cubes and it was fine. I totally agree with Moose that you'll be best off actually getting your hands on your bag and then figuring out what you need to pack and how you want to pack it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently used some eBags cubes in my Aeronaut. While it may not be as efficient as the TB system tailored for the Aeronaut, you should be OK. I made use of the medium square cubes and the long skinny ones and was able to pack for a 10 day work/personal trip in the Aeronaut. My biggest limiter was packing 2 pairs if shoes in the bag (necessary because if the work portion of the trip).

Definitely try out what you have first and see how it works for you.

My Eagle Creek cubes work great in my tri-star. Just as long as you don't over pack them, since they are slightly too large

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I use my EC 15" folder and tube in my WF. Not custom made but a good fit.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I agree with the posts here. The EC small, tube and medium packing cubes work well in the Aeronaut. The large packing cube is a bit big dimensionally for the Aeronaut, but you can use it. I personally like the small and medium the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the other cubes are smaller, that creates extra nooks in the bag, a shoe here, a shoe there, and it all fits. People forget that shoes aren't handcuffed together. Put each shoe in a plastic bag to keep dirt away from other items.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0