Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Aeronaut Junior, Where Art Thou?

Aeronaut Junior, Where Art Thou?

Dear Darcy:

So I am able to plan my finances and have time to arrange for a second mortgage on my house, can you give us a ballpark release date for the Aeronaut Jr. (or whatever you may decide to call it?) I need to build an addition to my house for all my TB gear and pay for yet another lovely bag. The addition will be climate controlled, dust free, with open shelving so that all my TB can be seen at one viewing. Being a visual person, this helps with my decision-making. I may also arrange for piped in music, an espresso machine, and a wall-mounted TV screen so that I can view products on Flicker anytime I want. Any good news for us? Perhaps the bag will be released before the addition is completed. ;)
    Last edited by monkeylady; 02-28-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Inquiring minds want to know! And plan our own shrines to our TB collections!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oh my! I was just thinking of taking a photo of my TB family and realized I did not have a large enough open area in my house, a space where there is good lighting, to spread out all my TB treasures. So your post is right on! And yes, I would love an Aeronaut Jr.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

My wallet is waiting. I posted the same question today!
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

I was nearly ready to commit on a Western Flyer order. Now I'm back to pretending to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    I was nearly ready to commit on a Western Flyer order. Now I'm back to pretending to be patient.
    Same here but with the Tri-Star or Aeronaut, haha! Just can't decide between the two and now throw in a new option to confuse me :) I wish I could afford them all. Looking forward to learning more about the new bag.
    eWalker likes this.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Making room for a new family member sometimes requires sacrifice. For anyone who is looking to adopt an Aeronaut Jr into your home, I can offer a loving home to your ore-owned black/Iberian WF! I promise to give it the love, care, and attention you gave it, thus allowing you to bond with your new Aeronaut Jr without guilt, knowing that your previous bag will be in a caring home, and perhaps easing the financial burden of the addition of a new TB family member.
    Seeking Cardinal Co-Pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Making room for a new family member sometimes requires sacrifice. For anyone who is looking to adopt an Aeronaut Jr into your home, I can offer a loving home to your ore-owned black/Iberian WF! I promise to give it the love, care, and attention you gave it, thus allowing you to bond with your new Aeronaut Jr without guilt, knowing that your previous bag will be in a caring home, and perhaps easing the financial burden of the addition of a new TB family member.
    I wish I had something compelling to offer up, but my stuff all trends in the plum/UV direction, not good color mates for iberian.

Isn't the new Skookum Dog Medium Road Duffel essentially a shoulder-strapped, downsized Aeronaut without backpack straps?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    So I am able to plan my finances and have time to arrange for a second mortgage on my house, can you give us a ballpark release date for the Aeronaut Jr. (or whatever you may decide to call it?) I need to build an addition to my house for all my TB gear and pay for yet another lovely bag. The addition will be climate controlled, dust free, with open shelving so that all my TB can be seen at one viewing. Being a visual person, this helps with my decision-making. I may also arrange for piped in music, an espresso machine, and a wall-mounted TV screen so that I can view products on Flicker anytime I want.
    Are you going to have a house (addition?) warming? Do I remember correctly that you're Ballard-ish? We're by Green Lake and could be there in a flash!

No, we're Kirklandish on a one-acre farm. Blow your mind? We have lots of room for additions as needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Did I miss an announcement or hint about a possible smaller size Aeronaut being in the works? I'd definitely be interested! Especially in plum/wasabi.

Wendy, a couple of days ago Darcy (somewhat cryptically) said this in reply to taminca's comment that hopefully the Aeronaut Jr would not come out too soon so her bank account could recover:

"Well, based on what I saw a couple of days ago here at the factory, I'm not sure if that's something we can guarantee..."

Commence general excitement/freaking out.

Plum/Wasabi is unlikely to be on offer because the Aeronaut is traditionally offered in Ballistic and Dyneema options and Plum is Cordura. However, I would eat my hat if the new Aeronaut wasn't offered in Aubergine (probably with Wasabi Dyneema interior). Well, no I wouldn't. But I'm pretty confident about my prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    taminca likes this.

I very much enjoy how even an oblique reference to something that might possibly happen in the not-too-distant future leads to such excitement, speculation, and really, gnashing-of-teeth about when things will happen. I wonder if Darcy feels like she has a super power; if I tell my students "something interesting could happen soon," no one will think anything of it. If Darcy were to say the same thing, there would be hundreds of posts speculating on what it could be.

Remember, Darcy, to use this power for good and not evil. It's funny to me how the TB Forum is as effective a marketing tool for TB as a Superb Owl commercial is for anyone else.

(Not that I'm not also curious about what the Aeronaut Jr. would look like, etc, but for now, I'm thrilled with my Tri-Star and Pilot and lots of accessories.)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wendy, a couple of days ago Darcy (somewhat cryptically) said this in reply to taminca's comment that hopefully the Aeronaut Jr would not come out too soon so her bank account could recover:

"Well, based on what I saw a couple of days ago here at the factory, I'm not sure if that's something we can guarantee..."

Commence general excitement/freaking out.

Plum/Wasabi is unlikely to be on offer because the Aeronaut is traditionally offered in Ballistic and Dyneema options and Plum is Cordura. However, I would eat my hat if the new Aeronaut wasn't offered in Aubergine (probably with Wasabi Dyneema interior). Well, no I wouldn't. But I'm pretty confident about my prediction.
    PLEASE PLEASE let Badger's prediction come true! I can give up food for a month or so... not coffee, but food...
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0