Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Aeronaut Junior, Where Art Thou?

Another week, another wish for the Aeronaut Junior to arrive...

Does anyone else feel like we're waiting for a baby to be born? Should we have a raffle for guessing its weight? :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Another week, another wish for the Aeronaut Junior to arrive...

Does anyone else feel like we're waiting for a baby to be born? Should we have a raffle for guessing its weight? :-)
    Ha! I know what you mean... I have (mostly) given up stalking the Travel Bags page hoping for the Aeronaut Jr. to suddenly appear, and given into temptation with the (back-ordered) Western Flyer.

Probably means Junior will be born immediately after my WF ships. lol

Incidentally, for the WF fans who have been lamenting reduced color choices in the upcoming batch, I did notice that two more options (Navy/Solar and Aubergine/Steel) have been added to the list.
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 03-17-2014 at 03:42 PM.
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (Iberian), Co-Pilot (Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Western Flyer (Iberian), Pilot (UV)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (Wasabi), Pilot (Wasabi), Side Effect (Wasabi), PCSB

I was so excited that they finally added more colors for the WF, but alas, still no black/Iberian!
    DESPERATELY SEEKING: Black/Iberian Western Flyer, AND Black/Iberian Citizen Canine
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Iberian PCBP, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Iberian Travel Stuff Sacks (all 4 sizes), Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

I hope, it will follow the concept of maximum size allowed. Since the Aeronaut is the maximum carry-on size, it would be perfect if the Aeronaut Junior is the maximum size for personal itens, 17 x 10 x 9 !!
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I hope, it will follow the concept of maximum size allowed. Since the Aeronaut is the maximum carry-on size, it would be perfect if the Aeronaut Junior is the maximum size for personal itens, 17 x 10 x 9 !!
    There's already plenty of bags near personal size in the market. ze. It is difficult to find a slightly smaller Aeronaut though.

Here's my guess: the Aeronaut Jr will be the same dimensions as the medium Skookum Dog road duffle, i.e. the doggienaut. Which would equal awesomeness.

I am hoping the Aeronaut Jr is in the 1400-1700 cubic inch range. I know this overlaps the WF and SA, but there's not much on the market in this range.

And I'm hoping for 1800-2000 cu in range. Smaller than that is Synapse country.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    And I'm hoping for 1800-2000 cu in range. Smaller than that is Synapse country.
    I'm with you. I'd consider it if it was 1800-2200 (i.e. roughly Tri-Star sized) for leisure travel where the organization of a Tri-Star is less helpful. If it fit Tri-Star packing cubes well, that would be a HUGE win!

If it is just a little smaller than the current Aeronaut, that would be great. TS sized, but in the Aeronaut form factor.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I guess my other wish would be a 17-18 inch length which would be great for us short folk to carry in back pack mode. Size-wise I love the Synapse 25, but I'm not going to be able to carry it comfortably.

I think we all have our wish for a 'Goldilocks' bag.

Note: I'm really trying to move to my goal of being able to one-bag it for a week-long trip with a wheel-less bag that will fit under the seat and/or in the overhead of the small CRJs I seem to wind up on.
    Last edited by Vecturist; 03-20-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    I guess my other wish would be a 17-18 inch length which would be great for us short folk to carry in back pack mode. Size-wise I love the Synapse 25, but I'm not going to be able to carry it comfortably.

I think we all have our wish for a 'Goldilocks' bag.

Note: I'm really trying to move to my goal of being able to one-bag it for a week-long trip with a wheel-less bag that will fit under the seat and/or in the overhead of the small CRJs I seem to wind up on.
    A Tri-Star will do that reasonably well if you pack lightly. Something Tri-Star sized, but without the separate sections, would be even better for leisure travel without laptop, etc. (Or as a 1+ bag with a Pilot).

If you check the "Pictures" sub forum, you can see my 9 day trip to Pakistan and Dubai with a Tri-Star and Pilot, and that was bringing a lot of "Stuff" back from Pakistan. If I had been willing to wash clothes, I could have easily packed less....

Quote Originally Posted by jmoz View Post
    A Tri-Star will do that reasonably well if you pack lightly. Something Tri-Star sized, but without the separate sections, would be even better for leisure travel without laptop, etc. (Or as a 1+ bag with a Pilot).

If you check the "Pictures" sub forum, you can see my 9 day trip to Pakistan and Dubai with a Tri-Star and Pilot, and that was bringing a lot of "Stuff" back from Pakistan. If I had been willing to wash clothes, I could have easily packed less....
    Thanks for the suggestion (and interesting trip), however, my issue with the TS is it's too long for me to carry comfortably in backpack mode (my preferred method). I've tried the SA as well with the same issue.

I would like one or two outside zippers that go all the way across. Then it would be easy to stick boarding passes or magazine in there. The water bottle pocket on the tri-star/western flyer design seems to be in the way of that. Super-quick access to a limited size water bottle seems odd, especially since many are in taller sizes now (mine from Thermos is taller).

While I'm on a request vibe, a shoulder strap gets in the way if they aren't being used. I thought of a way to make it not in the way. Put a clip on the left and right side of the bag, right side slightly offset from center. If you don't need it as a shoulder strap at the moment, take the right offset end, slide it into and back over the strap handle (which is much lower on the right side than the clip) and back onto the clip. Now you've just secured the shoulder strap to the outside of the bag, as one long handle for the long side, and one short handle for the right side. It is still easily available for strap use and not packed inside.
    Last edited by thorn; 03-31-2014 at 02:17 PM.

dlg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    The Aeronaut doesn't fit in a CRJ overhead!? Crap...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0