Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Aeronaut Junior, Where Art Thou?

Total torture! I have a quick trip to London in about 5 weeks, and because of the schedule, really need to pack light. I've been trying to get a list together of things I need from TB and debating if I should add the Pilot or not, but if there's a chance of an Aeronaut Jr., I'm waiting until the last minute.

Usually when the announcement is made, the item in question is not immediately available. At least that is my memory; maybe someone else who remembers other product launches can speak to that. If that turns out to be the case, though, you could always get a cheap duffel from Target or someplace that will serve you for the one trip. The Pilot, on the other hand, is a really ingenious personal bag. I'd totally recommend getting it for your trip even if the Aeronaut is not released in time.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    No, we're Kirklandish on a one-acre farm. Blow your mind? We have lots of room for additions as needed
    Nice! I know someone here is a Ballardite. Guess I won't be seeing your addition live and in person. You should make it a standalone structure in the shape of a TB bag. You know, like the Longaberger headquarters looks like a basket.
    Name:  320px-Newark-ohio-longaberger-headquarters-front.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  19.6 KB

Is that for real? Or photo shopped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

[2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Usually when the announcement is made, the item in question is not immediately available. At least that is my memory; maybe someone else who remembers other product launches can speak to that. If that turns out to be the case, though, you could always get a cheap duffel from Target or someplace that will serve you for the one trip. The Pilot, on the other hand, is a really ingenious personal bag. I'd totally recommend getting it for your trip even if the Aeronaut is not released in time.
    Thanks. I actually have two primary travel bags - an LLBean duffel and a climbing backpack (that almost should have its own passport), that I use on short and long trips respectively. I'm slowly accumulating TB items, but do have some budget constraints. I tried to replace the backpack with a Smart Alec but it was a little too big for my 5' frame (yes I have seen some of the posts regarding bag size and height).

While what I have is good, whenever I have an overseas trip there is the temptation to go bag shopping and I've become increasingly minimal with what I pack with a few limitations, and one of the best ways to pack light is to start with a small bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Wendy, a couple of days ago Darcy (somewhat cryptically) said this in reply to taminca's comment that hopefully the Aeronaut Jr would not come out too soon so her bank account could recover:

"Well, based on what I saw a couple of days ago here at the factory, I'm not sure if that's something we can guarantee..."
    How did I miss this?? I've been agonizing over whether or not to add a Tri-Star to my collection. Perhaps I should wait a bit longer....

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Notice my conspicuous silence. Can't say much more right now, but it won't be too long before I can…
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

So, enquiring minds wants to know....I have one week left on my prescription of TBA medication. Will I need to refill it?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I just got my Aeronaut and a Tri-star on the way, but the mini Aeronaut has my interest as well. I wonder if the packing cubes for the Tri-star will work for it of if there will be new packing cubes for the mini.

I would have bought the tri-star last year if the inside panels could be un-secured to create one large cavern in it. Bring on the Aeronaut Jr! Preferably 19 x 14 x 9 with an included one inch expansion zipper from 19 x 14 x 8. It works out well to pack tight when leaving home with it zipped, and to quickly pack to return home with it unzipped.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    So, enquiring minds wants to know....I have one week left on my prescription of TBA medication. Will I need to refill it?
    What, wait, there's medication? How does one aquire said meds?
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

bchaplin; Usually when the announcement is made, the item in question is not immediately available.

My recollection is the same as bchaplin's. Sometimes the delivery times are really short but my recollection is things are not generally immediately available. Pre-order is SOP.
    Moose
    Last edited by Moose; 03-12-2014 at 02:00 AM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    What, wait, there's medication? How does one aquire said meds?
    It's called "chocolate" and it is available in many sizes, configurations, and dosages. Administer large doses as needed...and sometimes when not needed.

I have a business trip in 3 weeks. It would be super cool to bring an Aeronaut Jr with me. Just sayin', if anyone from Tom Bihn is listenin'.
    Last edited by Janine; 03-11-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Oh man an Aeronaut, Jr. would make me so happy! I do not own an Aeronaut because I think it is just too big but I love its design. For maximum carry on I own an eBags eTech Weekender 2.0 and while it is great, it is very big. EBags also has a "junior" size but I'd love to have a Tom Bihn bag in this category.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0