Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A surprising color combo that works

A surprising color combo that works

The olive parapack is truly lovely, with a slight sheen that brings out its richness. It's the color that Spanish olives will be in heaven. That said, I was really hoping for a lining in solar for the olive Side Effect that I knew I had to have. I wasn't sure at all about ultraviolet as a lining.

Well, how silly I was to doubt. It's a fine color combo. But what really, really threw me was how pretty the olive parapack looks next to my aubergine ballistic Imago. If you have any bags in aubergine, you should definitely consider olive parapack for your accessory items. I never would have guessed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

(Of course, I'm still up for that olive/solar combo, if it ever gets made...)
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Photos, PLEASE!!!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I love the olive and aubergine color combo! I have an olive Medium Cafe Bag (cordura) and olive Medium Clear Organizer Pouch (Parapack) that travel with me and my Aubergine Western Flyer (or Aubergine TriStar) and Aubergine Side Effect. My key straps and other OPs are Dyneema UV or Wasabi. They all go well together and add some color to my EDC linen SCB! :)

I have an olive parapack SE and noticed how nice it looks with Aubergine, also. It also looks nice with Plum, and for a neutral, try Hemp! I love my olive SE with my hemp Swift!
    ISO INDIGO SWIFT and WASABI SE

SE: b-Steel Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Nordic Kiwi
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post
    The olive parapack is truly lovely, with a slight sheen that brings out its richness. It's the color that Spanish olives will be in heaven. That said, I was really hoping for a lining in solar for the olive Side Effect that I knew I had to have. I wasn't sure at all about ultraviolet as a lining.

Well, how silly I was to doubt. It's a fine color combo. But what really, really threw me was how pretty the olive parapack looks next to my aubergine ballistic Imago. If you have any bags in aubergine, you should definitely consider olive parapack for your accessory items. I never would have guessed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

so you are just figuring out that green and purple are a good combo...stan lee figured it out a generation ago with the hulk...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by flitcraft View Post

so you are just figuring out that green and purple are a good combo...stan lee figured it out a generation ago with the hulk...
    Lime likes this.

Now that you mention it, I should have known. I lived in New Orleans for a while, and the official colors of Mardi Gras are purple, green, and gold. In fact, you know you're a real New Orleanian when you start to think that it's obvious that purple, green, and gold go well together.
    nsh likes this.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

I just got a Pocket Pouch in Forest/Wasabi - it is a fabulous combination. If they made a Side Effect in the same pairing I would be in Heaven!!!

Next on the list is the Black Cordura/Wasabi Side Effect - soon, my Precious, soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    I just got a Pocket Pouch in Forest/Wasabi - it is a fabulous combination. If they made a Side Effect in the same pairing I would be in Heaven!!!

Next on the list is the Black Cordura/Wasabi Side Effect - soon, my Precious, soon.....
    Can you post a pic of the forest/wasabi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That does sound fab! I just got an aubergine/wasabi PP in my order yesterday - perfect for my olive/UV SE. Or my plum/wasabi MCB. I haven't quite settled on the perfect place for it yet...

Chalk me up as another purple+green fan :)
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I couldn't get the image to show up here, but I did post it on TB's Facebook page.

pretty.....

Name:  IMG_0008.JPG
Views: 831
Size:  152.2 KB

ETA: Added eightspokedb's picture of the Pocket Pouch in Forest/Wasabi Hope this is the image you wanted moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 03-18-2014 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added picture

Thank you - isn't it pretty....and I got the triangle clips too...pretty....

This combo in a Side Effect would make me giddy beyond description -
    taminca likes this.

Ooooh, yes! Me, too! Please.
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator

It's worth pointing out that Forest/Forest/Wasabi is one of the current color options for the Swift, but was one of the combinations kkintea noted with no photos on the product page. If anyone likes this color combination for the Swift, you may want to get this before it rotates out. And if someone has the Swift in these colors, since it's currently in stock, and I don't remember the combination being offered before, maybe they could post a picture?

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    It's worth pointing out that Forest/Forest/Wasabi is one of the current color options for the Swift, but was one of the combinations kkintea noted with no photos on the product page. If anyone likes this color combination for the Swift, you may want to get this before it rotates out. And if someone has the Swift in these colors, since it's currently in stock, and I don't remember the combination being offered before, maybe they could post a picture?
    I'm hoping for a Side Effect to use with my Forest/Cork Imago , moriond. At the risk of developing yet another TB addiction, I would love to see photos of the Swift in Forest/Wasabi. Must confess though that I don't think the Swift is for me since I tend to prefer backpacks and longer-strapped bags as my EDCs.
    -- David Whyte

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0