• 2 Post By Tlacltme
  • 3 Post By Rocks
  • 3 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By moriond
  • 6 Post By Rocks

Thread: Double vision, BOO.P.S. and Wonderful customer service

Double vision, BOO.P.S. and Wonderful customer service

Here is a story of woe, and patience, and mystery, and finally, transcendence. My original CoPilot order made it all the way to Minnesota, it was so close to being delivered on time! Then, oh no! it didn't make it off the truck. It hopped the rails, and continued its journey, all the way to the East coast, where I am not. So I emailed the great Scott, TB crewman extraordinaire, and filed a claim with Boo.P.S, hitherto known as UPS. It's delayed, they said. It was in Minnesota! I said. Great Scott, in the meanwhile, said "it looks lost. We'll resend 2nd Day Air." Yay! So, after the joyride, the original order found its way back, as well as the re-sent order.
    Thank you, Tom Bihn Crew! A happy ending indeed.

Here's the two orders. One, of course, is going back. The one on the left is staying.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 357
Size:  122.4 KB

Beautiful navy CoPilot (with black zipper pulls, yay!) and Nordic wallet. I fell in love with the CoPilot at first sight, which is appropriate, since the original delivery date was supposed to be 2/14 ;)

Love the black zipper pulls!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Love that ballistic navy! I have had my co-pilot for 3 years and it is one of my most used bags that I have.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaL View Post
    Love that ballistic navy! I have had my co-pilot for 3 years and it is one of my most used bags that I have.
    I'm a huge fan of ballistic navy. I love it most in low light, when you can see the depth of the blue. I also love the Iberian interior.

Congrats, Rocks! You are going to love that Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot...and we can be N/I Co-Pilot twins :) (I'm a fellow Minnesotan as well, though currently displaced :) )

I agree with you. The ballistic navy is stunning...and pairing it with Iberian is my favorite combo.

Enjoy!

Congrats, Rocks! You are going to love that Navy/Iberian Co-Pilot...and we can be N/I Co-Pilot twins :) (I'm a fellow Minnesotan as well, though currently displaced :) )

I agree with you. The ballistic navy is stunning...and pairing it with Iberian is my favorite combo.

Enjoy!

Nordic is no slouch of a color either! It's darker than I thought, but always changing, and slightly shimmery. There seems to be something alchemical in the way it changes color. Or it's part chameleon.
    Attachment 5625

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Nordic is no slouch of a color either! It's darker than I thought, but always changing, and slightly shimmery. There seems to be something alchemical in the way it changes color. Or it's part chameleon.
    Attachment 5625
    @Rocks I think the reason that Nordic usually appears darker than people expect (from the web pictures) is the shimmer that comes from the weave of the 400d Dyneema. It's not something you could extrapolate from familiarity with the 200d Dyneema, nor is the more fabric-like texture of the 400d weight Dyneema options. Also, none of the Dyneema products that are shown in lower resolution images look as good as they do seen in person. I think that was a large part of why the Navy/Iberian color combination didn't catch on initially in the product sales (when this combination was first offered for the Aeronaut some time ago). The only high resolution images showing the Iberian Dyneema was a view of the side pocket, and so the only really good pictures of the product with the Iberian interior were only available if you followed posts that appeared in the Forums or Blog. And forum members were often people who had already bought these products in other colors, so they were less likely to buy the same bag again unless they really, really liked the new color a lot more than their older bag. You can read more about that in my post in the old Future of Navy/Iberian color combination in TB bags? thread.

However, getting back to Nordic, it's also the combination of the silvery "shimmer" with the dark tones of the Nordic color that can make this look so changeable. Even though there's also a reflective "shimmer' to the 400d Steel Dyneema, there's not the same contrasting interplay between the dark tones of the base color with the reflective sheen of the weave. And in lower resolution images, the net effect may "average" out to an impression of a sapphire blue color, which is not Nordic's true tones.

Here's Yoda Sloth's comment about Nordic from the end of the Photo Request: Navy ballistic next to Nordic Dyneema thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Sloth View Post
    Since I seem to have spend the better part of the past 3 days staring at my new nordic/solar Pilot - trying to decide how I feel about a blue bag...

Moriond is right, nordic does have a "midnight cast" to it's blue - especially late at night without bright lights around, when it gets really close to black it is so dark. Then the next morning, when the sun is back out - it once again moves closer to a royal blue - but not quite that bright. And then on other occasions, I see hints of purple (well probably indigo - but moving toward the purple side of the blue spectrum).

Of all the Bihn colors (and most of them seem to be in my house right now (must make decisions, must cut off some tags and return other bags, must, must, must...)) nordic seems to have the most variation as one goes through the day. Bright and playful by day, serious and elegant by night...
    moriond

Let's see if I can get the picture of Nordic into the post:
    Name:  nordic.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  444.4 KB

Volunteer Moderator
    For more accurately coloured (and awesome) photos of Nordic Dyneema, look at some of Proctor's pictures:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Here's a picture of the 400d Dyneema Nordic/Solar Side Effect that forum member Proctor posted in another thread:
    Name:  5374-new-pilot-available-pre-order-january-2014-5362d1390157323-omg-side-effect-available-nordic.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  822.8 KB
    My (own) Nordic/Solar Side Effect showed up last week.Gorgeous bag.But I can't take as stunning pictures of it!
    And then there's this picture from the Nordic Pilot, Wasabi Side Effect & Ultraviolet Knitting Pouch…why not? thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Proctor View Post
    Took advantage of some good lighting this AM.
    Last edited by moriond; 02-21-2014 at 12:05 PM.

The above picture looks like a party! I love it!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    The above picture looks like a party! I love it!
    I feel as though I should be telling everyone to follow the link to the original post by Proctor so you can "Like" the original picture. I'm only including the excerpted pictures because they appear in longer threads that some people who are viewing the forums on their phones would have to navigate to in a more complex way to view.

By the way, if you're using a computer and web browser, a great way to view the posts/pictures of individuals who, like Proctor, have taken spectacular pictures and posted them, is to go to the Attachments forum and do a search under their names.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 02-21-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Here's the Copilot out in the wild for the first time, in front of an iconic Minneapolis sign and scene.

Name:  icons.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  739.1 KB

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) ScottS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    So, after the joyride, the original order found its way back, as well as the re-sent order.
    Thank you, Tom Bihn Crew! A happy ending indeed.

Here's the two orders. One, of course, is going back. The one on the left is staying.
    Yay! I am so glad your order finally made it to you! Enjoy,
    Scott Schweiger
    TOM BIHN Shipping Department
    Original Designs Made in USA Since 1972
    www.tombihn.com

U.S. 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: 206-652-4123
    4750A Ohio Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98134 USA
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0