Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Something's Different on the Side Effect

I like the new gun-metal pulls. What I do NOT like are the raw edges of the knotted zipper pulls. They're ok with the plastic ends but raw cord ends, no thanks. I only have four SEs, as soon as UV/anything shows up it will be six, need another black one too. Now the wait for kiwi cord... :)
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I like the new gun-metal pulls. What I do NOT like are the raw edges of the knotted zipper pulls. They're ok with the plastic ends but raw cord ends, no thanks. I only have four SEs, as soon as UV/anything shows up it will be six, need another black one too. Now the wait for kiwi cord... :)
    Moose
    Moose, for me it depends on the bag. On the smaller Side Effect, I like the knotted zipper pulls. The plastic ends on the short tabs look too busy to me. On the larger (than the SE) Pilot, I really like the cord in the plastic TB ends.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Agree with Moose about the gunmetal pulls: I actually like them a lot.

While skeptical when I first saw photos of them online -- which may make them look rather more obtrusive than they are in person, IMHO -- I am a convert now, after having received a Side Effect and a Pilot which both have the new pulls.

The gunmetal finish is subdued and attractive, not shiny or blingy at all. In some types of light, it can look almost black.

And of course there is no chance of paint rubbing or wearing off.

Another plus is that they are a little larger and therefor easier to grip.

I suspect folks may come to embrace 'em, in time... they have a lot going for them.

*Shows up three weeks late to the party.* Speaking for myself, I love the gunmetal finish, crossing my fingers my black ballistic side effect will be graced with them!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0