Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Something's Different on the Side Effect

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Trailhiker @taminca My best guess is that Trailhiker may have been viewing the Product page for the Side Effect while they were still making the changes, and so the intermediate results may still be stored in his browser cache until it's cleared or reset. But I'm not seeing those images either.
    Hmmm,
    Here's at 11.14 pm west coast time.
    Look at the captions,,,,

:-(
    ???
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 02-18-2014 at 11:21 PM.

@Trailhiker @taminca My best guess is that Trailhiker may have been viewing the Product page for the Side Effect while they were still making the changes, and so the intermediate results may still be stored in his browser cache until it's cleared or reset. But I'm not seeing those images either.
    Ok, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with quantum physics,
    But if u are viewing what the captions are actually saying,
    And then I read your post,
    And look at the product page afterwards
    And see mismatch captions/ photos,
    How could I see results as they r making changes after u already saw the changes?
    Ok.
    Now my head is spinning.
    This will probably effect my dreamlife tonight.
    :-/

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Hmmm,
    Here's at 11.14 pm west coast time.
    Look at the captions,,,,

:-(
    ???
    @Trailhiker I don't see the first view labeled "Navy Ballistic/Solar" and on my web browser the second view is not labeled "Olive 420d/Ultraviolet" but "w/the optional waist strap"Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392801910.257346.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  57.0 KB

I viewed this on my laptop, but since you've posted an iPad picture,I've loaded a screen capture from my iPad.Maybe it got fixed?

@Trailhiker I don't see the first view labeled "Navy Ballistic/Solar" and on my web browser the second view is not labeled "Olive 420d/Ultraviolet" but "w/the optional waist strap"Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392801910.257346.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  57.0 KB

I viewed this on my laptop, but since you've posted an iPad picture,I've loaded a screen capture from my iPad.Maybe it got fixed?

429am
    Nope!
    Thankfully Darcy doesn't suffer from insomnia.
    It could wait. :-)

See mismatched screenshots just taken below.
    (I do see the one u have taken above, try looking for the ones that I have below)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 02-19-2014 at 04:35 AM.

I just looked at the website using my phone and all the pics and captions match up. Maybe try clearing your browser cache and try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I just looked at the website using my phone and all the pics and captions match up. Maybe try clearing your browser cache and try again?

just looked up on my macbook pro for the first time, everything is coming up there!
    strange, something is up with my iPad, ill try clearing the browser cache.
    thanx

Clearing the "cache" on the ipad worked.
    Everything matches up now.

That was very odd.
    taminca likes this.

Glad to hear all is well!

For inquiring minds, I received the following from Matthew at TB:

"I took a peek at our stock, and the only Side Effects we have left in with the old zipper style are the Parapack options, Olive/Ultraviolet, Navy/Iberian, Navy/Solar, and a couple of Steel/Steels. All of the Dyneema versions feature the new zippers."

Dibs on a navy/solar parapack!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I like the gray with some colors (such as my new steel Pilot), but I don't think it really goes with others. And I prefer the "old" design of the pulls. Maybe the new design will grow on me though.
    The matte metal pulls (new design), are also is longer and that is a great bonus for people with arthritis or other ailments which impend
    the use of shorter ones

In this thread, I could see how zipper pulls can re-stealth a matte metal pull
    How do you like to attach the cord on your zipper pulls?

Of most interest, is Canonsue picture of the zipper pulls, on her beautiful Nordic Co-Pilot.
    moriond likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. I like the gray with some colors (such as my new steel Pilot), but I don't think it really goes with others. And I prefer the "old" design of the pulls. Maybe the new design will grow on me though.
    It's starting to grow on me, bchaplin. After seeing Darcy's photos, I removed the cords I had put on the metal tabs of my new Aubergine SE (photos posted earlier on this thread), and replaced the short cords with the longer ones included with the new SEs. I tied them like shown in Darcy's photos and think they look MUCH better this way. A little less cluttered...

Still... I put in an order today for a Navy/Solar parapack SE because it still has the "old" black zipper sliders and pulls : )
    -- David Whyte

I received a Side Effect last night and was so happy it came with the old zipper ( navy/ solar). The ballistic navy is so gorgeous.
    Pilot, Co-Pilot, Synapse 25, Side Effect,small shop bag, large shop bag, travel tray, 3D Organizer Cube

Question for Darcy: Will the new gunmetal zipper sliders and tabs replace the black ones with cords on the Synapses and Smart Alec also? If yes, would it be for the current or next production run?
    -- David Whyte

Speaking about zippers, I just received my new Black/Wasabi Dyneema Pilot bag (30 minutes ago!!). Not in love at first sight yet; maybe it takes time (not sure about the "unrigidness" of the dyneema material, in comparison with the ballistic...but we'll see); but I digress. The first thing that caught my eye was also zippers. I used to have a ballistic Co-Pilot with the old zippers which were clearly waterproof. The Pilot web page description now says "water repellent" (I have huge doubts), which is a huge difference, at least to the eye, with the waterproof old zippers. This move to the new zippers looks (to me) to be a clear direction in cost-cutting. Hope I'm wrong, but this is definitely not an improvement over the previous version of zippers.
    Melissa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Speaking about zippers, I just received my new Black/Wasabi Dyneema Pilot bag (30 minutes ago!!). Not in love at first sight yet; maybe it takes time (not sure about the "unrigidness" of the dyneema material, in comparison with the ballistic...but we'll see); but I digress. The first thing that caught my eye was also zippers. I used to have a ballistic Co-Pilot with the old zippers which were clearly waterproof. The Pilot web page description now says "water repellent" (I have huge doubts), which is a huge difference, at least to the eye, with the waterproof old zippers. This move to the new zippers looks (to me) to be a clear direction in cost-cutting. Hope I'm wrong, but this is definitely not an improvement over the previous version of zippers.
    FWIW, Peruvian, I did not like Dyneema at first but now really appreciate the advantages it offers (lightness, squish-ability, and extremely free of dust, dirt, hair, lint, etc...). While I was initially dismayed by the zipper changes, and still think the old style looks better, I've not had any negative experiences with the new zippers. It rained today and everything in my Pilot (with the new zippers) stayed nice and dry. Of course, I cannot attest to its performance under a downpour for an extended period of time, but for my purposes, the differences are more aesthetics than performance.
    -- David Whyte

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0