Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Something's Different on the Side Effect

My SE family would grow if I could add a steel/uv or uv/steel. Love that color combination.
    SE in olive, plum S19, SE, pouches and Field Journal. uv S19, Shop Bag, Yarn Sack and organizer Pouches. Synapse25 in steel/uv. Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, SE, Swift & Kit in black. Absolute Strap, steel Kit and small dyneema Pouch, wrist straps, kiwi Swift, Citizen Canine & Kit. Abergine Tri Star, Kit and SE. Wasibi & uv Organizer Cube Pouches, July 4th pouch, December 2011 & 2012 Mystery Gift, 2013 parapack mystery gift and last but not least I'm proud FOT.

UV and iberian for outer SE colors would be fabulous!!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Will the color zipper cords fit inside the little TB acetate slider?

The matte metal pulls look stunning! I am also very happy that they are slightly longer than the present ones.
    Yeah! The Color Zipper Cords will fit the little TB acetate slider.

And I like what you're calling the pulls -- "matte metal". Somehow, that's more accurately descriptive. We might just have to borrow that one… :)
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yeah! The Color Zipper Cords will fit the little TB acetate slider.

And I like what you're calling the pulls -- "matte metal". Somehow, that's more accurately descriptive. We might just have to borrow that one… :)
    Oh Darcy that just a wonderful news about the Color Zipper Cords fitting the slider!

Turning all pink with pride! Please borrow the name, that would be such an honor!

:)
    Last edited by backpack; 02-18-2014 at 01:55 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    New photos of the Side Effect are up…
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

@Darcy, from the photos, it appears that the dyneema and ballistic Side Effects will have the new-colored metal zipper pulls, but the parapack SE's will keep the old-style black plastic pulls? Is this correct?

I just ordered an olive/uv parapack SE, and its zipper pulls look like the ones in the photo.

According to the crew earlier today, the existing parapack have black zippers but the next run will have the new silver ones.

So, I went ahead an ordered the steel parapack. I nearly got olive, but I changed my mind in the end because I often use it as a standalone purse and thought steel would go with more things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    taminca likes this.

Thanks for clarifying. I like the gray with some colors (such as my new steel Pilot), but I don't think it really goes with others. And I prefer the "old" design of the pulls. Maybe the new design will grow on me though.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    According to the crew earlier today, the existing parapack have black zippers but the next run will have the new silver ones.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 02-18-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Thanks, kkintea. I just sent an email to the folks at TB asking which SEs in stock still have the black zippers. (Should have checked the Forums first!) Was hoping for Nordic or Solar or Black Dyneema...
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    New photos of the Side Effect are up…
    Darcy,

Hmmm,
    Perhaps I'm in a parallel universe, but regarding the new photos - I see the new descriptions under the old photos,
    that don't match. :-/

Just thought u might want to know.

Ps.viewing this on an ipad.
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 02-18-2014 at 09:30 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Thanks, kkintea. I just sent an email to the folks at TB asking which SEs in stock still have the black zippers. (Should have checked the Forums first!) Was hoping for Nordic or Solar or Black Dyneema...
    @taminca. I don't recall that the Solar Dyneema Side Effects went on back order, although I'm sure that the 400d Nordic/Solar Dyneema SEs did, and probably the 400d Black/Wasabi SEs did, too. If that's the case, they may still have Solar SEs from the earlier production batches available if you call in to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    Darcy,

Hmmm,
    Perhaps I'm in a parallel universe, but regarding the new photos - I see the new descriptions under the old photos,

@Trailhiker. I see the new photos. Maybe you're looking at the HT Parapack versions? I think the gun-metal zippers look better with the solid color Side Effects. Oddly enough, they don't look bad (to me) with the Solar Dyneema Side Effect, although I think the older pulls look better with the Nordic and Black 400d Dyneema patterns.

Volunteer Moderator
    @taminca. I don't recall that the Solar Dyneema Side Effects went on back order, although I'm sure that the 400d Nordic/Solar Dyneema SEs did, and probably the 400d Black/Wasabi SEs did, too. If that's the case, they may still have Solar SEs from the earlier production batches available if you call in to ask.
    Darcy,

Hmmm,

@Trailhiker. I see the new photos. Maybe you're looking at the HT Parapack versions? I think the gun-metal zippers look better with the solid color Side Effects. Oddly enough, they don't look bad (to me) with the Solar Dyneema Side Effect, although I think the older pulls look better with the Nordic and Black 400d Dyneema patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

Moriond,

Perhaps, this photo may help explain my confusion.
    Hint- Look at the description below the selected photo.
    I haven't a clue as to the photos u r seeing.
    :-/

There r more of these mismatched photos and descriptions,
    I only pulled one out.

(Perhaps I'm in a TomBihn black hole vortex,
    Caused by looking at this site too much.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Trailhiker; 02-18-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Moriond,

Perhaps, this photo may help explain my confusion.
    Hint- Look at the description below the selected photo.
    I haven't a clue as to the photos u r seeing.
    :-/

There r more of these mismatched photos and descriptions,
    I only pulled one out.

(Perhaps I'm in a TomBihn black hole vortex,
    Caused by looking at this site too much.)
    Not moriond, but I am viewing on iPad too and don't see the photo you posted on the SE page, Trailhiker. And I don't see any mismatched photos and descriptions. Perhaps the TB folks just made corrections to the page?
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Volunteer Moderator
    Not moriond, but I am viewing on iPad too and don't see the photo you posted on the SE page, Trailhiker. And I don't see any mismatched photos and descriptions. Perhaps the TB folks just made corrections to the page?
    @Trailhiker @taminca My best guess is that Trailhiker may have been viewing the Product page for the Side Effect while they were still making the changes, and so the intermediate results may still be stored in his browser cache until it's cleared or reset. But I'm not seeing those images either.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0