Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Bags with dyneema linings - color review/discussion

^ Great little review; outstanding photos there.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

^ I have to admit, the Smart Alec's combination of black / black / solar dyneema looks better than I expected. It is actually quite impressive. I would love to see a Smart Alec with a navy blue / cardinal / solar combination. Of course, that combination would only exist in fantasyland.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

For the Cafe Bags:
    I'd quite like to see a dark purple parapack paired with solar or uv or steel dyneema (though that presumes a broadening of parapack colours).
    I'd also like to see either a steel or an olive parapack paired with uv. I know they've done this with the side-effect, love to see in the slightly bigger EDC bags.

Just poppin' in to spread the purple love... :)

My Aeronaut (first bag I got here) is Aubergine/Ultraviolet, and I flippin' LOVE it. When I ordered it, I wasn't familiar with the company or the dynamic nature of the color offerings, so I had assumed it was a standard thing and I could get many things in Aubergine/Ultraviolet. Unfortunately, it remains the only bag I've ever seen in that combination. I have a few others that are Aubergine/Wasabi, and I just DO NOT LIKE the wasabi with the Aubergine. If I could re-buy all of them in Aubergine/Ultraviolet, I'd gladly sell my Aubergine/Wasabi ones.

So my vote goes to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make more Aubergine/Ultraviolet! :)
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Just poppin' in to spread the purple love... :)

My Aeronaut (first bag I got here) is Aubergine/Ultraviolet, and I flippin' LOVE it. When I ordered it, I wasn't familiar with the company or the dynamic nature of the color offerings, so I had assumed it was a standard thing and I could get many things in Aubergine/Ultraviolet. Unfortunately, it remains the only bag I've ever seen in that combination. I have a few others that are Aubergine/Wasabi, and I just DO NOT LIKE the wasabi with the Aubergine. If I could re-buy all of them in Aubergine/Ultraviolet, I'd gladly sell my Aubergine/Wasabi ones.

So my vote goes to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make more Aubergine/Ultraviolet! :)
    @Pangifone If you haven't seen all of Seikoguy's pictures of bags in Aubergine (and, yes, he also chose his Aeronaut in Aubergine/Ultraviolet), you should browse the Attachments forum and input his name into the search. Here are a few threads:

There are other photos in the middle of long threads that you can navigate to if you do a search under the attachments forum

moriond

I like what ultraviolet dyneema looks like as an interior bag lining in pictures. I have never seen it in person. The photo that really impressed me the most was the one of the steel ballistic exterior / ultraviolet dyneema interior on the Aeronaut product page.

Can anyone here tell me from first-hand experience, strictly from a utilitarian point-of-view, other exterior colors that contrast well with ultraviolet interior linings to provide improved interior bag visibility?

I can't answer your request for other color compatibilities, but I can assure that the steel/UV combination is smashing in real life. I saw an Aeronaut in the showroom in December and it knocked my socks off. I now have a steel/UV Pilot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

MtnMan,
    I love the steel/uv color combination. Any green goes well with uv. Of course anything black works too. If I recall correctly, if you want harmony go for colors next to each other on the color wheel. If you want complimentary go for colors opposite each other.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    MtnMan,
    ...Any green goes well with uv. Of course anything black works too....
    Moose
    I can attest to this. I have had a green/black/UV Smart Alec for a few years. It still looks great and it is the one pack I keep coming back to despite trying and returning (or reselling) other TB back packs. Of all my TB bags, it remains my favorite - at least part of the reason for this is the color combo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0