Just got my Pilot! (keywords: Cadet, freudian slip, ipad mini, macbook air, coffee)
(Pictures and additional notes from my wife will be inserted in this post as an edit. Also, due to my OCD, I'll continuously make edits to my grammar/layout.)
The pilots for my wife and I just arrived (me: black/wasabi, her: steel ultraviolet). Our goal was to use these as full time work briefs. We both work in different areas of healthcare (her: primary care provider, me: IT), so this comes strictly from those point of views. I am transitioning from a Cadet, which I really liked (except the lack of space for a coffee cup), so my personal impression will come from that POV.
- "I love 1050D ballistic nylon"
- "Awesome. A cup holder!"
- "Seems a little bit smaller than the Cadet"
- "I like how the side front pockets utilize the space"
- "Am I missing tabs to go with these zipper cords?" (ended up using monkey knot zipper pulls from Red Oxx that were on my cadet)
All I really need in my work bag are the following things:
- my macbook air 13"
- Contigo coffee mug or my 21oz hydroflask
- iPad mini with amazon keyboard
- Horizontal Freudian Slip
- a few manila folders and a note pad
Good part: Yes... it fits! (the Freudian Slip BARELY fits) --> kinda, not really
Bad Part: I no longer have room in the main compartment for last minute, let-me-throw-this-in-my-bag.
How to rectify on my end: I may have to lose the wonderful Freudian Slip and think of another method to organize my items
Suggestions for Tom Bihn:
- Please consider redesigning the Horizonal Freudian slip so that it can fit all bags (my wife said, "like a purse organizer!")
- An inch more room in the large compartment just to fit a tiny bit more would be appreciated
In Conclusion: I like it a lot. It fits everything I need to fit. The cup holder is awesome. I wish the freudian slip fit.
Thanks for continuing to make great products!