Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By K9TB

Thread: Backpack suggestion

Backpack suggestion

Been using my ID bag for years and my Synapse 25 for a few months. While I LOVE my ID, two thoughts on the Synapse.

First, would love an external bottle holder - the inner pocket is awkward. Maybe something like the Brain Bag (or even a smaller Brain Bag?).

Second, have you thought about using material like the Ultimate Shoulder Strap. Would be nice, especially for those using it for business.
    Thanks much for great products.

While this is highly subjective, I am grateful that the Synapse doesn't have any open external pockets or bottle holders. Being able to tuck everything away makes the bag much more aesthetically pleasing (at least to my eye) and I don't find any reduced functionality.

I'm somewhat confused by the second question. Are you requesting that the backpack straps be made of the same material as the absolute strap? In what way would this improve the bag for business travel? Bearing in mind that I have no knowledge of textiles, I have to wonder if the springiness that makes the absolute strap so terrific to use would be annoying or unneeded in backpack straps. My thinking behind this is that with the absolute, the weight of the load is concentrated in a few square inches; that is, the part of the strap in contact with your one shoulder. With a properly worn backpack, you are spreading the weight across both shoulders and some resistance might be needed to offer stability. This is just a guess. I'm assuming that TB would have standardized absolute-ness for all its products' straps if doing do greatly increased their comfort, durability, and/or wearability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    While this is highly subjective, I am grateful that the Synapse doesn't have any open external pockets or bottle holders. Being able to tuck everything away makes the bag much more aesthetically pleasing (at least to my eye) and I don't find any reduced functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too. I love the internal water bottle pocket. As you said, it looks better. Plus I don't have to worry about a water bottle falling out when I bend over or put the bag in a train's open, overhead baggage shelf. I got the bag specifically for carrying water. I am my dogs' Sherpa.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0