Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Stuff I'd love to see from the folks at Tom Bihn

Stuff I'd love to see from the folks at Tom Bihn

Aubergine dyneema
    A mini Absolute strap for use with the smaller bags (cafe bag, co-pilot)
    Wallet with a zippered spot for coins
    A mini Shop Bag, lunch bag sized
    Synapse 19 without the pouch in the large compartment
    Tom Bihn X Filson
    Cell phone pouch that could be attached to a bag or backpack strap
    Gusseted organizer pouches

I second the nomination for a {dyneema} lunch bag, or even just a sandwich-sized pouch to reduce ziploc consumption.
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

I triple lunch bag and second cell phone pouch, aubergine dyneema (ph, please, please, please. I didn't realize that I needed this fabric until this post! Thank you!), coin wallet, and a partridge in a pear tree....
    123veo likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

A mini Absolute strap would be priceless for us short people . . .
    Lani and RDR3 like this.

The Pilot (larger Co-Pilot).... finally!

tapping fingers...
    looking out the window...
    watching the clock...
    jeffmac, WenV and RDR3 like this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

How about a more traditional wallet. I have used many over the years and nothing quite fits the bill for me. They are either too large and thick or so minimal as to be useless. I need a billfold and slots which can hold about 5 or 6 cards (I have really downsized what I carry) along with some ID (drivers license and medical insurance card). On occasion I will have an additional card, but that's about it. I have a TB wallet but it is not really practical for me as I need to zip it open to get anything and the cash is not too organized inside. Also, it does not really look too polished in a business or more formal setting. A wallet which comes close to what I am looking for is the Spec Ops Brand "The Wallet Jr" or their "The Mini Wallet". Both are about right in terms of what they hold and the organizational structure is pretty good... also extremely well made in the USA. However, they are too "tactical" looking and not really appropriate in a business setting and they have something they call a shark bite closure which securely holds the wallet closed but makes it so thick t is literally a pain in the rear to sit on it all day.

I'm sure Tom Bihn can come up with an elegant solution to the wallet !
    Hollie likes this.

giantsteve. I got a bigskinny about a month ago. Very impressed so far. Very thin and holds exactly what you listed. Leather Hybrid Bi-Fold Wallet

A lunch bag! Something water resistant (Dyneema/nylon is good), something like a mini Shop Bag, sized to fit in the Ego's main compartment. Basically a reusable, leak-resistant brown paper bag.
    gochicken and WenV like this.

A vertically loading large organizer pouch
    Little Swift in Nordic

Do you all think we need a. 12 step program? If you all agree we do, do we want a 12 step program?
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Not sure if I want to be cured...

I forgot someone once mentioned a smaller Freudian slip that would fit into a Swift or Synapse 19 (or the new, soon to be released Pilot)
    snowbot likes this.
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Salutations!

Sure,I'll repeat myself(in Morgan Freeman's voice): Please make a Steel CorduraŽ/Ultraviolet DyneemaŽ S25. Annnd...I 2nd gochicken's desire to possess a Pilot(perferably prior to pre-Christmas travel).

Peace!
    gochicken and RDR3 like this.

Not sure if it's even possible but I'd like to see more affordable shipping rates to Canada. My cart had $95 worth of items in it, but I almost fell over when I saw the $30 shipping charge. Maybe some items can be sent in bubble envelopes instead of boxes to save on weight? Or free shipping on orders over "X" ?
    123veo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Not sure if it's even possible but I'd like to see more affordable shipping rates to Canada. My cart had $95 worth of items in it, but I almost fell over when I saw the $30 shipping charge. Maybe some items can be sent in bubble envelopes instead of boxes to save on weight? Or free shipping on orders over "X" ?
    I generally just keep adding to the order to justify the shipping ($65 to aus) ..

We have an online shop ourselves and have done a lot of work on shipping costs to keep them accurate and as low as possible - truth is that internationional shipping IS expensive - small vendors cannot access the sort of bulk rates that the free shippers like amazon et al can.

I occasionally use a parcel forwarding service when buying from a few vendors in the US. Helps to spread the shipping cost a bit but then there's handling fees etc so you need a largish order.
    List under construction ....

Not sure if this is ok to post or not (delete if not Darcy), but I just ordered a mini-neoprene shoulder strap from Amazon that looks very similar to the absolute strap, but mini. It's called the OP/TECH USA Mini S.O.S. Strap.

Name:  mini strap.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  18.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0