Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By kkintea
  • 2 Post By Moose

Thread: Mini Travel Tray?

Mini Travel Tray?

Even though I have 2 travel trays (solar + steel), I sometimes wish for a 'mini' version. I could really use this for jewelry, Tom Bihn. Especially if there was a pocket or two on the inside like the Side Effect.

Think extra small travel stuff sack folded over like a travel tray. I've done that a few times and it works great.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I was just thinking the same thing last week after my travels. I used the FOT pouch to put my jewelry in so they wouldn't get scratched (pearls) and was thinking a jewelry roll/tray/suede lined "thing"....

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Think extra small travel stuff sack folded over like a travel tray. I've done that a few times and it works great.
    Moose
    Hmmm....I like this too. I guess I can order some padded pouches to put them in. Will this fit in the SE?

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Moose
    I've often thought that the travel tray and stuff sacks could and should be integrated. I.e. A set of four travel trays to replace the four stuff sacks. Oh and with an attachment hook like the knitting sacks. I have all three types of bag and spend way too long trying to pick which one to use! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Crip View Post
    I've often thought that the travel tray and stuff sacks could and should be integrated. I.e. A set of four travel trays to replace the four stuff sacks. Oh and with an attachment hook like the knitting sacks. I have all three types of bag and spend way too long trying to pick which one to use! :-)
    I use the travel tray and travel sacks for quite different things - some partitioning in the tray would be cool though - perhaps an extra layer of dyneema around the inside of the lower section forming pockets to keep delicate items separate
    List under construction ....

@ Fat Crip: I love the idea of 1-4 sized travel trays! And I also own a lot of yarn sacks for someone who doesn't knit... because of the clips and hooks available that you don't have on the travel stuff sack.

@ Moose, I experimented with your idea using the extra small travel sack, but I find that the bottom of the travel sack is lacking support and I couldn't roll it into a satisfying shape without exposing the inside lining. It's a good thing that I have such a vast TB collection that I could try a hack on the fly. Right now I am using the extra small travel sack primarily as a sunglasses holder/pool tote.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0