Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By ArnieJB
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: Smart Alec - Perfection

Smart Alec - Perfection

I just landed in Florida for a few days in Disney and will be boarding a cruise ship on Saturday. I am using my TB Smart Alec for my carry on and it has worked superb so far. This is the first time that I am putting the bag through it's paces.

The amount of stuff I was able to pack into it is truly incredible and very accessible at the same time. The top loading really lends itself for airline travel as I can pull things in and out easily while it's stored under the seat in front of me. I have an upper modular pouch which is perfect for the small stuff like headphones and pens. The TB passport holder is conveniently clipped on there as well.

Looking forward to using it my whole vacation!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArnieJB View Post
    The amount of stuff I was able to pack into it is truly incredible and very accessible at the same time. The top loading really lends itself for airline travel as I can pull things in and out easily while it's stored under the seat in front of me. I have an upper modular pouch which is perfect for the small stuff like headphones and pens.
    We had a hunch that the UMP would be especially useful for accessing small stuff with the SA underseat, but I don't think we had confirmation of this until now... cool. Hope your cruise is awesome.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy - do you think the UMP will be available in Nordic again at some point?
    --------------------------------

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    Darcy - do you think the UMP will be available in Nordic again at some point?
    It's unlikely, but possible.
    Current Carry: Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

This isn't related to the UMP but since you have had traveling experience with the SA. By any chance did you fill up the side pockets? If so did you notice that it took space away from the main compartment?

Also how does the SA fit or not fit on the rides in Disney? How many days are you planning in Disney? I plan to take the family there when the kids are older. We've gone to Disney Land several time since we live in Cali but Disney World looks huge compared to it. Have a fun trip!!
    Last edited by chrisc983; 08-22-2013 at 06:23 AM.

I'm not actually taking it into the parks. I am using one of the side pockets for my toiletries bag and the other for a few small things. They do take up a little room in the main compartment, but not so much that it's inconvenient.

Fully loaded it might be a little much for taking on rides. If you pack it light, it would probably work.

Heads up Nordic Smart Alec lovers!
    I just sent off a box returning a Nordic Smart Alec and Nordic Upper Modular Pocket. I finally received a backordered Aubergine SA and preferred that color.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0