• 7 Post By Darcy
  • 5 Post By moriond
  • 2 Post By Walker
  • 3 Post By Melissa
  • 1 Post By scribe
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: Small shop bag in Iberian

Question Small shop bag in Iberian

Darcy, is there a reason that the small shop bags come in EVERY color of Dyneema EXCEPT Iberian?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    No reason in particular -- just haven't made that color in that size yet. Not sure if we ever will, though...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Funny, I was just going to start a thread on that same topic. Planning my shopping spree for end Aug. - beginning pf Sep., I showed the TB website to my mother, showed her the fabric colors, and she wants a large Shop bag in ultraviolet (which is going to be a part of my order end of Aug.), and said it would be nice to have a small one in red, to be used as a regular light bag. Alas, Iberian is unavailable for the Small SB (and on backorder for the Large SB).. I then went to check the Swift and Little Swift, but neither is available in any color from the red part of the spectrum (Iberian, Cayenne, the outgoing Cardinal). My mother says she's never had luck with red bags —they break on her etc.—and she'd like a smallish red bag.

I understand that red is quite a bold color, but it's one of popular colors esp. for ladies' accessories. Both the Shop Bag and the Little Swift could possibly find quite an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No reason in particular -- just haven't made that color in that size yet. Not sure if we ever will, though...
    With all the fabric changes lately--and hints that more might be on the way, along with new bags--I have to ask... Is this a hint that Iberian might be kaput? Or just a quirky coincidence about that specific color/bag/size combination that might continue because there's no huge need for it?

And yes, this forum invites far too much speculation and anticipation inside the peanut gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    With all the fabric changes lately--and hints that more might be on the way, along with new bags--I have to ask... Is this a hint that Iberian might be kaput? Or just a quirky coincidence about that specific color/bag/size combination that might continue because there's no huge need for it?

And yes, this forum invites far too much speculation and anticipation inside the peanut gallery!
    We have no plans to retire Iberian, but no promises on that... we're pretty spontaneous around here. You never know when we might be inspired to add a new color. How's that help the speculation and anticipation? :)
    Applie likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

It's been a long time coming, but the Shop Bag, Small, is now available for pre-order in Iberian…. (!)

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's been a long time coming, but the Shop Bag, Small, is now available for pre-order in Iberian…. (!)
    Yes! Darcy, I love you!
    ETA: The Small Shop Bag in Iberian will have to go in as a separate order given the delivery date is July. I already have too many back ordered products waiting shipment.

Wow! Finally! Will defintely get me 1 or 2 or 3 :)

just wondering if you all heard the sonic boom from here in San Diego a couple days ago when I broke the speed of sound barrier diving for my credit card in my TB wallet as I placed my order for a small red shop bag. . .?
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    [I]just wondering if you all heard the sonic boom from here in San Diego
    Oops - I thought that was me diving! I did the same. In fact, it was your photostream images of Cork/Iberian Swift that got me to order a Swift in Black Dyneema with Iberian interior. What a great color! Part of me wonders if I should have gotten Little Swift instead and a different combo for Swift but I think there is hardly any wrong that can be done for most combos/items.

just wondering if you all heard the sonic boom from here in San Diego a couple days ago when I broke the speed of sound barrier diving for my credit card in my TB wallet as I placed my order for a small red shop bag. . .?
    Melissa, I actually thought of you (really, I did) when placing my order. It is my first Iberian purchase!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Nope, couldn't hear it here in Singapore.
    But the loud SQUEEs of delight might have been responsible for drowning it out completely. :)

2 months (quite possibly lesser) of anticipation (Does TBAS refer only to the period after shipping or does waiting for it to actually ship count too?) in progress, hang in there everyone!

@icebeng I think TBAS refers to any wait for the TB item of choice - it just becomes far more acute after shipping!

Is it "late May" yet? Huh? How about now? No? Maybe tomorrow...?

ETA: My returned Tri-Star has just reached Louisville. In two months and a day I'll be following it across the Atlantic (not to Kentucky!), hopefully with my Swift and new Side Effect :)
    Last edited by scribe; 04-30-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    icebeng likes this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

I've always thought TBAS symptoms could begin any time after pushing the "place your order button". I have seen symptoms miraculously held at at bay until shipping notices are sent but, TBAS comes on with a vengeance thereafter.
    icebeng likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0