Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Synapse 25 arrived

  1. #1
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    894

    Synapse 25 arrived

    I got my steel Dyneema/ultraviolet Synapse 25 today. It is an engineering marvel. I haven't even got the tags off and I love it. The best part, it sits up all by itself with no special placement of contents. To quote Uncle Si, I am happy, happy, happy!! I can finally get all my normal stuff , lunch and extra shoes all in one bag. :)
    Moose
    MtnMan and dorayme like this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  2. #2
    Registered User RhoFro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    185
    Picture, picture, picture PLEASE! I ordered this same combo for the 19 and have been waiting since early May. I'm dying to see it!


    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I got my steel Dyneema/ultraviolet Synapse 25 today. It is an engineering marvel. I haven't even got the tags off and I love it. The best part, it sits up all by itself with no special placement of contents. To quote Uncle Si, I am happy, happy, happy!! I can finally get all my normal stuff , lunch and extra shoes all in one bag. :)
    Moose
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Picture, picture, picture PLEASE! I ordered this same combo for the 19 and have been waiting since early May. I'm dying to see it!
    whisper posted a pic. It's gorgeous! I can't wait to receive mine too!! I'm on my phone so hopefully this shows up correct.

    http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...html#post49602
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

  4. #4
    Registered User Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downeast Maine
    Posts
    894
    RhoFro, Here are a few pictures of my ultraviolet/steel Synapse19 and my steel/ultraviolet Synapse 25. If you want something specific just holler and I'll do my best to get you what you're looking for.
    Take care,
    Moose

    UGH, I can't upload the pictures. Some kind of bubbles=false error. I'll email them to Katy and hope she'll be kind enough to put them up for me. Sorry...
    Last edited by Moose; 06-14-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

  5. #5
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    115
    Below you'll find some photos that Moose sent me. Great pics!

    Name:  moose1.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  188.2 KBName:  moose2.jpg
Views: 1908
Size:  169.1 KBName:  moose3.jpg
Views: 1699
Size:  148.9 KBName:  moose4.jpg
Views: 1733
Size:  168.8 KB

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    106
    I love the Ultraviolet exterior...any chance there will be some additional opportunities to purchase ultraviolet bags in the future? :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

  7. #7
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    I love the Ultraviolet exterior...any chance there will be some additional opportunities to purchase ultraviolet bags in the future? :-)
    We're using our 400d Dyneema/420d nylon (colors: Steel, Nordic) pretty much exclusively as an exterior fabric and our 200d Dyneema/nylon (colors: Steel, Wasabi, Iberian, Ultraviolet, Solar) as a lining.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  8. #8
    Registered User PaulT00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the seaside, England
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're using our 400d Dyneema/420d nylon (colors: Steel, Nordic) pretty much exclusively as an exterior fabric and our 200d Dyneema/nylon (colors: Steel, Wasabi, Iberian, Ultraviolet, Solar) as a lining.
    So does that mean that Nordic lives on? There was some confusion in the 'Resurrection of Solar' thread as to whether Nordic would be going away. If Nordic is still alive, then can I register a vote for a Synapse 25 in Nordic with a Solar interior?
    A45 crm/stl TS nvy/sol A30 aub/was BB nvyP/stlP S19 nor/stl P nor/sol CP blk/stl; SE was CQPC ibrn, sol Ri aub/stl 3DCC crd TSS4 was K crd TT sol,nor,blk CC crd/stl PCBP sol PP nvy QK for,coy,aub + lotsa cubes!

  9. #9
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    So does that mean that Nordic lives on? There was some confusion in the 'Resurrection of Solar' thread as to whether Nordic would be going away. If Nordic is still alive, then can I register a vote for a Synapse 25 in Nordic with a Solar interior?
    We do still have some Nordic fabric (and various bags are currently in stock in Nordic) but once it runs out, we don't anticipate ordering it again... (there is a new color(?) of 400d Dyneema/420d nylon on the way...) Your vote is registered!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  10. #10
    Registered User itsablur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We do still have some Nordic fabric (and various bags are currently in stock in Nordic) but once it runs out, we don't anticipate ordering it again... (there is a new color(?) of 400d Dyneema/420d nylon on the way...) Your vote is registered!
    Wait a tic... There is another colour coming out, but in 400d/420d???

    Got a release/announce date handy? ;)
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

    Want: EVERYTHING.

  11. #11
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Wait a tic... There is another colour coming out, but in 400d/420d???

    Got a release/announce date handy? ;)
    I don't know if I'd call it a color, exactly... whether it is or isn't is debatable. No exact date just yet.
    Le_Pied likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  12. #12
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We do still have some Nordic fabric (and various bags are currently in stock in Nordic) but once it runs out, we don't anticipate ordering it again... (there is a new color(?) of 400d Dyneema/420d nylon on the way...) Your vote is registered!
    Aargh! So much for hoping for another Nordic/Iberian or Wasabi or Solar combination.
    TXGirl likes this.

  13. #13
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The far west
    Posts
    4,526
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Aargh! So much for hoping for another Nordic/Iberian or Wasabi or Solar combination.
    As the return of Solar proved, anything can happen... we'll see!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

  14. #14
    Registered User snowbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington DC-ish
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it a color, exactly... whether it is or isn't is debatable.
    Polar? I'm thinking of a whitish fabric on which the dyneema threads create a slight shimmer on further inspection.

  15. #15
    Registered User itsablur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    Polar? I'm thinking of a whitish fabric on which the dyneema threads create a slight shimmer on further inspection.
    I was thinking along the same lines. The only non-colour colours would be white or black. They already have Steel, which is more of a grey, but suppose they could either go much darker or much (MUCH) whiter. Interesting...
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

    Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0