Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Giant Stuff Sack

I look at the pictures of the travel stuff sack and think a huge stuff sack would be awesome as a laundry bag. I've gone through at least 5 laundry bags in the past couple of years and I think Tom Bihn could really change my luck with laundry if one of these existed. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Your solution is to use a Tom Bihn Bag in Dyneema as a laundry bag. My vote goes to the Smart Alec.

I was thinking about this but, considering the biggest Sack is the Tall Yarn Stuff Sack: External Dimensions - 11" tall x 6.25" diameter / 280 x 160 mm; Weight: 2.3 oz / 65 grams and costs $19 and you will have to make something 30 times bigger.

I used the scale of 10 Tall Yarn Stuff Sacks to match the base of a typical laundry bag, and added up two layers for the height.

It would also mean that the Laundry/Bag Cover Stuff Sack would have to be 30 times more expensive.

But... it beats bad ones and who knows what Tom is working on?

Didn't even consider the cost in my head. Just blinded by the awesomeness of a possible giant dyneema bag. On average I have to haul about two large laundry bags. Maybe that means I need two smart Alec's.

I would say a Smart Alec and one or two Large Shop Bag.

The Shop Bags have no official closure but somebody rigged one with a Key Strap between the 2 O rings.

You could organize small clean laundry items inside Large Travel and Yarn Stuff Sacks in both the Smart Alec and the Large Shop Bag(s)

I am familiar with laundromat use and laundry hauling and it would indeed be fabulous to have a Tom Bihn laundry bag.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-01-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0