Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lani

Thread: 200 Dyneema for bags withing bags and 400 Dyneema for lightweight Travel Bags, Though

200 Dyneema for bags withing bags and 400 Dyneema for lightweight Travel Bags, Though

19 Synapse instead of PCBP in Tri Star?

I have been inspired by the post above, my own packing with 200 D Dyneema accessories, many talks of bags within bags and the necessity of sometimes stash a bag within another bag when draconian airlines restrictions rules strike back at our resolve to pack light.

I think it would be great if the Synapse 19 and the Co-Pilot were offered in both 200 D (Packing Dyneema) and 400 D (Travel Dyneema).

I was fortunate to buy a 200 D UV (Packing Dyneema) and recently bought a Nordic 400 D (Travel Dyneema).

I bought them because I like the colors and have come to enjoy the lightweight and strength of Dyneema.

In Europe or any places where luggage weight is vital, the Nordic 400 D (Travel Dyneema) is a must.

As a packed to the maximum, computer bag/tablet bag, in order to enable the Aeronaute to be the lightweight carry-on and be strong enough to deal with the rigors of airlines luggage scales, airports floors, luggage carts and security lines. The Synapse 19 or the Co-Pilot are perfect.

However, for U.S or other airlines which do not weight bags, for plane/car trips, for stays where/when a comfortable EDC is a must, a Synapse 19 or Co-Pilot in 200 D packed inside the maximum carry on (Aeronaute/Tristar/Western Flyer?) ready to work as an EDC at the destination sounds wonderful.

Thoughts from people with 200 D Synapses and Co-Pilot and their experience as a bag within a bag to EDC?

Yep -- I do the Dyneema-in-Dyneema thing.

I also got the new steel Dyneema Side Effect -- OMG nice! I shouldn't have waited so long, and just trusted that TB would get the revised model right.

So now I'm thinking I can pack my steel D Side Effect, 3D organizers in steel D, and steel D PCSB into the front pockets and a steel D PCBK into the main pocket, all into a steel D Western Flyer!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0