Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bltkmt

Thread: Suggestions for Brain Bag

Suggestions for Brain Bag

After using my Brain Bag for a good couple of months, I'd like to offer some feedback and suggestions.

Overall, I am very happy with the bag. It looks great, holds TONS of stuff (weight can be a problem if you're not careful), and the zippers are good quality. In fact, I never thought much about zippers until my experience with this bag made me realize how many crappy zippers are out there! And of course, I'm happy for the #1 reason I bought this bag - it carries two laptops safely and securely (with two Brain Cells).

Now for the suggestions / wish-list:
    - I'd like to have clip rings inside the two front side pockets - for me it would be a good place to anchor infrequently used tools such as a flashlight
    - I'd like a slightly smaller version of the Snake Charmer that will fit nicely in said front side pockets. I love the SC, but it doesn't match up well with Brain Cells in the main compartments. If it went in one of the front pockets, that would be perfect for my needs. If there's another pouch that works well in this way, let me know!
    - I'd like the top front pocket to be a little bigger - I use this one quite a bit
    - It would be nice to be able to remove the bottle/tripod straps on the front center. I don't use them much personally and the bag would look cleaner without them.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_T View Post
    - I'd like a slightly smaller version of the Snake Charmer that will fit nicely in said front side pockets. I love the SC, but it doesn't match up well with Brain Cells in the main compartments. If it went in one of the front pockets, that would be perfect for my needs. If there's another pouch that works well in this way, let me know!
    The 3D cubes fit well in there. I'd recommend the dyneema or mesh type, the clear 3D doesn't slide in as easily. It's a bit more cost, but the new Side Effect is the same size as the Cubes and has interior pockets to segregate cables, chargers, etc. I'll be getting one for this reason ... a mini-SC for my CoPilot.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag
    - - - - Various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_T View Post
    - It would be nice to be able to remove the bottle/tripod straps on the front center. I don't use them much personally and the bag would look cleaner without them.Thanks!
    I am not sure where you live, but this is a GREAT spot to stash a small umbrella.
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I am not sure where you live, but this is a GREAT spot to stash a small umbrella.
    I live in the Southwest, so umbrellas are not necessary for me, but that's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dnarud13 View Post
    The 3D cubes fit well in there. I'd recommend the dyneema or mesh type, the clear 3D doesn't slide in as easily. It's a bit more cost, but the new Side Effect is the same size as the Cubes and has interior pockets to segregate cables, chargers, etc. I'll be getting one for this reason ... a mini-SC for my CoPilot.
    Thanks for the tip! I will check out the Side Effect, the interior pockets would come in handy.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0