Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By knifed
  • 3 Post By gochicken
  • 1 Post By Moose

Thread: Dear Tom Bihn

Dear Tom Bihn

I'm not sure if you are a real person. Perhaps you are a mythological creature that doesn't exist. Perhaps you are a 8th realm bag God from another galaxy. Or maybe you're from the future. Either way, thank you.

For the past 10+ years I have been looking for a bag that I don't need to replace in 6 months. I'm ashamed to say that I'm a bit of a bag addict. I've tried them all. The Jansports, the Arc'teryx, the Chromes, the Patagonias, the Manhattan Portages, the Gorucks of the world and much more. I must have spent at least $3-4k over the years; A drug addiction may have been cheaper. This was a dark time in my life.

A few months back a friend of mine told me to checkout the Tom Binh Synapse. I heard of Tom Binh but for some reason never gave it the time of day until then. As soon as I saw the Synapse I relapsed and ordered it in black/wasabi. I also ordered a Tristar to use as my all purpose bag for travel and gym.

Upon receiving these bags and running through the basic routine -- taking them out of the box, playing with the zippers, smelling the fabric, wearing it empty, wearing it with heavy load, etc. -- I realized these were unlike any other bag I've had. The quality was top notch, the zippers were amazing, the dyneema interior felt tough and looked great, the shape of the bags was sleek, there were tons of configuration options (thanks to plenty of pockets and glorious o-rings), they both sat comfortably on my back. I've had other bags that ticked off some of these features... but never all of them. And unlike every other bag I've purchased, there was no regret. I was in love.

So thank you Tom Binh for curing me of my addiction. Thanks for saving me from spending more money on other inferior bags. I know I have found the pinnacle of bag engineering and there is no higher summit. Now if only you made jackets...

Best,
    Alex
    Last edited by knifed; 03-11-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Welcome to the forums! And I can assure you that Tom is a real person :)

Quote Originally Posted by knifed View Post
    So thank you Tom Binh for curing me of my addiction.
    But you are not out of the woods yet.... there is a thing called TB Anticipation Syndrome
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

But you are not out of the woods yet.... there is a thing called TB Anticipation Syndrome[/QUOTE]

I would add there is no medication for this particular syndrome. Gotta just hunker down and work through it.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0