Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    Black/Black/Crimson is one I'd like to see for the Zephyr as well... kind of like red underwear under super-spy clothes! :)

YES for Orange, with the crimson - I'd like to see those two in action together!

Personally not minding the wait... gives more time to recharge the old bank account ;)

Magenta sounds wonderful. What about a black magenta combo? Or black, steel, magenta?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Black/Black/Crimson is one I'd like to see for the Zephyr as well... kind of like red underwear under super-spy clothes! :)
    Hehe! I'll see what everyone here thinks of Black/Black/Crimson...I like that combo.

I think Black/Steel/Magenta would look really cool, too. And if we use a magenta, it will be a current, vibrant magenta.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Me too!! And bright colors on the inside of bags do make sense.

Are there any particular colors you'd like to see us add as a lining color? I think orange is a color that would actually work really well with a bag with a Crimson exterior.

P.S. Did you see that we're making a Soft Cell for your Sony TX series laptop?
    I'd love a Black/Crimson/Orange that went well together. I love my Brain Bag (I've used it every day for nearly four years now and it still looks new), but I wish it had a bright colour inside!

I sent you a PM re the Soft Cell.

Darcy,
    I know that I've been longing for a Zephyr with external colors like olive and cocoa... but that the problem's with the fabric type and it's not going to happen. Ah well.
    I agree that more wasabi on the inside would be great. Makes sense for visibility.
    So how about this, then, as my dream combo:
    Black/Cork/Wasabi

I'd happily pay more!

JH

We are experimenting with using cork in bags other than the Archetype or Small Cork Organizer Pouch, but I'm doubtful that it will make it on a Zephyr flap anytime soon. Sorry!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here's my vote for the Black/Black/Crimson or Black/Black/Magenta combo...I like that "red underwear under super-spy clothes" analogy!

Can't wait to see the Zephyr. I bought an Empire Builder last year and really love it. However, I need a slightly smaller bag for those times I can get away with not carrying a laptop. The Zephyr sounds like the right thing.

Red face BBO - Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    New timeline on the Zephyr: ...
    Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
    Black/Black/Steel

>>>> Black/Black/Olive <<<<

Black/Steel/Deep Blue
    Darcy, thanks for the continued updates on the Zephyr. I've been waiting since last September when I return an ID (I carry by hand more almost exclusively) in expectation of release of the smaller Empire Builder.

I must say that the delay has been beneficial...it is teaching me patience. I look at my Kensington laptop bag with a Brain Cell inserted, slouching in the office, on the bus, etc., etc., and wistfully reflect on the day when it can be retired.

The Black/Black/Olive sounds great. May April bring more than showers...

Volunteer Moderator
    Looks like I'll be teaching in the fall - the Zephyr in black/black/crimson would be a necessity ;)

I'll be first in line to buy!!! (If I can fight everyone else off, that is!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Looks like I'll be teaching in the fall - the Zephyr in black/black/crimson would be a necessity ;)
    Congratulations on the teaching gig, Just!!!

We are making a few Black/Black/Crimson Zephyrs, just for you guys.

Volunteer Moderator
    Thanks Darcy! And hooray!!!

Our factory is making two sample Zephyrs as I type. I should have pictures for you sometime next week. :) It will also probably be available for pre-order by then, too.

Any word on if / when the larger version of the Empire Builder will be made? I'm forced to carry two laptops lately but the Brain Bag I already have isn't professional enough for some of the clients I go to. I'm really hoping its still in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by topperge View Post
    Any word on if / when the larger version of the Empire Builder will be made? I'm forced to carry two laptops lately but the Brain Bag I already have isn't professional enough for some of the clients I go to. I'm really hoping its still in the mix.
    Which two laptops do you want to carry? Would you carry each in a Brain Cell or Soft Cell?

Figuring out exactly how big the bigger Empire Builder needs to be (and also determining if it's a bag anyone could actually carry) would be the first step in making it happen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0