Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Perfect size- not too big. It looks like this is going to be my next purchase. Release well timed as a birthday present to myself.

I am very interested in the new Zephyr. Will I be able to fit my 4X Horizontal Brain Cell? I have a MacBook Pro 15.4". I assume that this new bag also has a roll-aboard slot on the back? It appears that the Empire Builder is the only bag that has this useful feature.

Thank you.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyNg View Post
    I am very interested in the new Zephyr. Will I be able to fit my 4X Horizontal Brain Cell? I have a MacBook Pro 15.4". I assume that this new bag also has a roll-aboard slot on the back? It appears that the Empire Builder is the only bag that has this useful feature.
    Yes, the Zephyr will fit the Size 4X Brain Cell and thus your 15.4" MBP. It will have the same roll-aboard slot on the back that the Empire Builder does.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A smaller Brain Bag is on the list of likely upcoming products.
    This is sooo wonderful! Keep us posted on the progress and ask our feedback about color choices.

Tom Bihn should definitely be on the Made in America show.

At the risk of sounding like a ultra right-wing nut case, that is the thing
    that attracted me to this site, the ability to buy a bag made in America...
    not an easy thing to do -> find stuff made in the USA.
    Tom Welch > Mesa, Arizona, USA
    Author of 101 Financial Ratios 5.0
    Travel Lite & Smart

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    This is sooo wonderful! Keep us posted on the progress and ask our feedback about color choices.

Tom Bihn should definitely be on the Made in America show.
    I thought that they'd decided against that (smaller brain bag) and that this was an older post by Darcy. I hope I'm wrong.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to the zephyr.

Thank you for the quick answer Darcy. I plan to order the Zephyr as soon as it is available. Hopefully it will come in Deep Blue to match my Brain Cell.

I would be interested in a smaller Brain Bag too if it would fit my MBP.

Tom currently has ideas for two smaller backpacks, one of which is the bag talked about in this thread and the other may be a smaller Brain Bag, or at least a bag very similar to the Brain Bag.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I''d probably go for either backpack- as long as they don't have a built in notebook section.

Any idea what colors the zephyr will have? They should be ready for preorder soon.

New timeline on the Zephyr: We're waiting on a special part for the Zephyr that will take twelve weeks to arrive because it's being manufactured in the U.S. just for us. Because of that, the Zephyr will most likely ship around early June.

It will definitely be available for pre-order well before then, and we'll have pictures of a sample model before then, too.

Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
    Black/Black/Steel
    Black/Black/Olive
    Black/Steel/Deep Blue
    Black/Steel/Crimson
    Black/Steel/Wasabi
    Black/Steel/Steel
    Black/Hunter/Steel
    Black/Crimson/Steel
    Black/Grape/Wasabi

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    New timeline on the Zephyr: We're waiting on a special part for the Zephyr that will take twelve weeks to arrive because it's being manufactured in the U.S. just for us. Because of that, the Zephyr will most likely ship around early June.

It will definitely be available for pre-order well before then, and we'll have pictures of a sample model before then, too.

Here are the color combinations we're considering so far. Any thoughts?
    Black/Black/Steel
    Black/Black/Olive
    Black/Steel/Deep Blue
    Black/Steel/Crimson
    Black/Steel/Wasabi
    Black/Steel/Steel
    Black/Hunter/Steel
    Black/Crimson/Steel
    Black/Grape/Wasabi
    Black/Grape/Wasabi has my vote.

Also, how about Black/Crimson/Deep Blue?

maverick

Joy
    Black/Crimson/Steel
    This is the combination that always confuses me ... if someone likes bright, bold colours enough to have Crimson on the outside, then wouldn't they also want something fun and bright (Wasabi?) on the inside too?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    This is the combination that always confuses me ... if someone likes bright, bold colours enough to have Crimson on the outside, then wouldn't they also want something fun and bright (Wasabi?) on the inside too?

Very true, but what wouldn't clash with Crimson? I always liked Crimson/Wasabi but our seamstresses used to call the Crimson/Wasabi combo "Christmas on Crack". It seemed like it might be too "out there" of a combo for a lot of people. :D

Crimson/Deep Blue was tried in a few bags and wasn't that popular. (It's interesting how subtle shade changes can make color combinations work better. I think Crimson/Navy is very striking, and so far it's very popular among customers.)

We haven't tried Crimson/Olive, but that's really Christmas-y.

It's tough! I hope someday soon we can introduce short-term or one batch/limited edition colors into the palette. Maybe an orange, a turquoise, a magenta....

Joy
    Ah, I see. Makes sense. I just like bright colours on the inside of bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Ah, I see. Makes sense. I just like bright colours on the inside of bags.
    Me too!! And bright colors on the inside of bags do make sense.

Are there any particular colors you'd like to see us add as a lining color? I think orange is a color that would actually work really well with a bag with a Crimson exterior.

P.S. Did you see that we're making a Soft Cell for your Sony TX series laptop?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0