Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Bad Site -- Low Information

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    ...then again, there are people out there that are lazy and don't want to do any research at all.
    I hope we don't start getting trolls here in our fora...

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

unkle likes this.

Well, a little criticism can be helpful, no? The site has improved tremendously over the past year or so, but there are a couple things that would be nice to see: pictures of all of the bags in all of the colours that they are available in and some pics of 2 different sized people wearing the bag (say someone who is 5-4 ish and someone 6 ish). I know that there are loads of customer pics, but sometimes you don't want to wade around looking. There's my 2 bits.

How many sites can you name where the host manufacturer sends gifts to the forum members??
    Darcy--you're more patient than I would have been.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

Quote Originally Posted by sheeko View Post
    This is feedback for the TB folks. I finally gave up after spending over an hour on the web site and not feeling comfortable I knew what I was getting. There has been a lot of positive review on your bags, but your web site is poor. Despite all the words, the site offers little in terms of meaningful information, such that I went to a brand where I can SEE exactly what I am getting.

I appreciate the J. Peterman style descriptions -- but a picture is worth a thousand words. Moreover, I could not figure out which brain cell size was right for my lap top or even a lousy color reference chart for the straps.

I would urge you to steer your site so as a customer can be more sure-footed in knowing exactly what they are getting when they decide to buy your product.

Thank you for your consideration of my thoughts.

sp
    Not sure I totally agree, but I'd like to see two things:

1) More pictures (bigger), and have the pictures show standard positions for each bag. Also have the pictures show all the colors offered. I was trying to figure out what color brain bag to get, and it was tough to imagine the bag with the different colors. In the end I went with what was pictured.

2) Since Bihn Bags use a modular system, I think it would be helpful to have some use cases (possibly user provided) for a variety of scenarios for integrating the different components. Something like:

Use a a Brain bag as a computer bag -- Show it with vertical brain cell and snake charmer
    Brain bag as a camera bag -- Show Camera insert
    Brain bag as a school backpack -- Show 1 or 2 freudian slips.

I think it would be best if these could be user provided (perhaps with Bihn Personnel editing and select the best -- maybe from the forum).

Mike

Quite the contrary. I work with many manufacturers and Tom does better than most on disclosing the technical specs of his bags. That full transparency tells me they are proud of the components and workmanship that go into building the products here. Anything less is a potential red flag.

One improvement on the website would be a way for users to sort items, in particular on the accessories page. For example, pouches (cubes, too) are sprinkled thru the page and its hard to figure out differences.

Quote Originally Posted by 123veo View Post
    Well, a little criticism can be helpful, no? The site has improved tremendously over the past year or so, but there are a couple things that would be nice to see: pictures of all of the bags in all of the colours that they are available in and some pics of 2 different sized people wearing the bag (say someone who is 5-4 ish and someone 6 ish). I know that there are loads of customer pics, but sometimes you don't want to wade around looking. There's my 2 bits.
    This I agree with. That being said, it's better than most other sites at giving some visual aids. The flickr galleries are great, but there could be some better manufacturer/studio shots with some other reference material to compare it with. Other TB bags, a common-sized wheeled case, etc. I know the measurements are clear, but a picture makes things far clearer usually.

As someone tossing between a Tri-Star & Western Flyer, there's not a great deal of good quality comparisons side by side photographs would be a great help. I've seen some on practical hacks, which were a great help, but having not seen any TB bag in the flesh, it's still not easy to put it into context

Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    How many sites can you name where the host manufacturer sends gifts to the forum members??
    Darcy--you're more patient than I would have been.
    It's great that the manufacturer gives gifts out, but that doesn't make them beyond reproach from a users opinions about the website or anything else relating really. If anything the other users opinion could be deemed to be more valid as he/she hasn't lost their impartial view of the process after being "greased" with gifts.

I absolutely know it's just good and friendly customer service, but it makes it easy to overlook any foibles that there may be.

I really like the website, but since feedback seems to be collecting here, I'd like to suggest adding the interior dimensions of the compartments on the bags. Since I can't stop by the shop to check stuff out, it would be helpful to be able to measure what I'm going to be packing and figure out how things will fit.

Regarding pictures. I love the plethora of Flickr pictures that help see how a bag looks in the real world. Or to mention all of the your tube videos.

Overall I think the site is great, lots of detailed information, wonderful FAQ, the blog, links to customer photos and packing lists are huge bonuses I haven't seen anywhere. Fantastic work from the TB crew in my opinion!

However, ordering from Europe and knowing that I would lose too much money in returning something just for its looks, I wanted to be very sure about what I was ordering. All in all there was plenty of information, but I would've also appreaciated clear photos of the bags in all the colors it was possible to be ordered in. Mostly this was provided but one of the bags I ordered I don't have a perfectly clear view of, just had to risk it as my only other color choice was in back order and I'm an impatient little lady. :P Sizes and packing capacity is in my view perfectly well depicted by customer photos, but the color, of the cordura especially, changes a lot with lighting. Thus it would be nice to have photos showing the bag in the same lighting, from the same angle, in all the different color options available. Obviously I can understand this is a lot of work to update, since TB seems to change color options some depending on what's available. Just saying that it would be a nice bonus, I managed without it as well. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0