Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fat Crip
  • 1 Post By cromulent

Thread: More O rings! (especially Brain Bag)

More O rings! (especially Brain Bag)

My brain bag has just one O ring, inside the little pocket on top on the outside. I'd like more.

For starters, I'd like one at the top of each of the long tall side pockets, that's where I'd like to keep my keys.

Also, a few in the main pocket, at the top, could be useful.

And lastly, you should point out that the Snake Charmer is designed to sit on top of your stuff, in the curved top of the Brain Bag (and presumably other backpacks). I ordered mine on a whim (I wanted to get some sort of minor bag). Once I had both in my hands, it was clear why the Snake Charmer was shaped that way.

I have one in the middle of each main section, and agree that I would use them in the side pockets.

Whoops, so do I. I'm thinking that perhaps I wouldn't use those :-)

I've used them to attach my 3-1-1 bag for the TSA security event.

I always thought that a good accessory for those of us who don't use the annex clips in our bags would be a strap with some o-rings attached that could connect to the annex clip for more hanging goodness.

As I write this I wonder if a Smart Alec 1" Gate Keeper Strap could hook up to the internal band that holds the annex clips. This could allow you to secure things to the front or back of the rear pocket and to the rear of the front pocket.

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I'd like to see at least one I ring in the packing cube shoulder bag. Ideally there'd be three: one toward each end of the main bit and one in the side pocket, but even just one would the world of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by cromulent View Post
    I always thought that a good accessory for those of us who don't use the annex clips in our bags would be a strap with some o-rings attached that could connect to the annex clip for more hanging goodness.

As I write this I wonder if a Smart Alec 1" Gate Keeper Strap could hook up to the internal band that holds the annex clips. This could allow you to secure things to the front or back of the rear pocket and to the rear of the front pocket.
    I tried it, and you can unclip the annex clip and clip it with a single layer of the gate keeper. The triple layer of the female half of the strap, though, is too thick to clip it in there. However, if you don't mind the longer/male side flopping around a bit, you could close the metal part onto the plastic part of the non-buckle end, and use that for a keystrap (the metal part is much easier to clip the keystrap to than the plastic).

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    I tried it, and you can unclip the annex clip and clip it with a single layer of the gate keeper. The triple layer of the female half of the strap, though, is too thick to clip it in there. However, if you don't mind the longer/male side flopping around a bit, you could close the metal part onto the plastic part of the non-buckle end, and use that for a keystrap (the metal part is much easier to clip the keystrap to than the plastic).
    I was thinking more of using the strap and attaching with the double gate-keepers. I tried it with the waist strap from my Synapse and it looks like this (excuse the poor camera phone photo):

Name:  bb.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  160.6 KB

This could be useful for securing things like bottles or other tall items against the wall of the bag so they don't bounce around. I bet that using the lower one would make it possible to cinch an iPad to the inside of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by cromulent View Post
    I was thinking more of using the strap and attaching with the double gate-keepers. This could be useful for securing things like bottles or other tall items against the wall of the bag so they don't bounce around. I bet that using the lower one would make it possible to cinch an iPad to the inside of the bag.
    OH. That makes better sense. Don't see why it wouldn't work the same way, then. :)

Jay
    When I purchased a Brain Bag, I was surprised at the lack of O-rings it had. Even though a smaller bag, my Super Ego has six O-rings while the larger Brain Bag only had three. I ended up returning the Brain Bag for the lack of O-rings being one of the reasons. The two large side pockets seem like logical locations to add additional O-rings to allow for the addition of mini pouches so smaller items can be easily found without getting lost in the larger pockets.