Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Darcy

Thread: that little pocket on the inside at the bottom of the brain bag.

that little pocket on the inside at the bottom of the brain bag.

oh......no.....i meant to type the smart alec!! it's that little pocket at the bottom of the smart alec.
    Last edited by blackfungi; 12-18-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: i goofed up!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Where? I have never seen it and I have 3 Brain Bags.

i am also rather mystified by that little pocket, espescially since it has survived several re-designs of the smart alec and must therefore be there for a good reason. i haven't quite figured out how to use it as it can only fit small things for which the top zippered pockets would be a better place for and sometimes things would fall out or be too hard to reach. would love to know tom's idea behind this pocket.
    Seriously addicted. I love my TB bags (in order of preference): Aeronaut (black/steel), Western Flyer (black/iberian), Smart Alec (black/black), Synapse (steel dyneema/solar), MCB (linen/olive), Cadet (black/steel), Side Effect (black), Shop Bags (various), packing cubes, WF Packing Cube Backpack (steel), Travel Stuff Sacks (various), 3D Clear Organizer Cube (forest), LCB (steel/cayenne), Imago (black ballistic/steel), Co-Pilot (steel/solar), FJN (crimson), Ego (black/steel).

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I store a small first aid kit in that pocket, which I believe was Tom's intent. Other things I've put in there: extra pair of gloves, extra hat, extra headlamp/batteries. Stuff I might not need quick access to but I still want to know exactly where it is.
    Janine likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

that's an interesting concept. i will definitely try it out. even though i haven't quite found use for it (yet) i do love that there is a pocket in an unlikely place as it makes the bag that much more interesting.
    Seriously addicted. I love my TB bags (in order of preference): Aeronaut (black/steel), Western Flyer (black/iberian), Smart Alec (black/black), Synapse (steel dyneema/solar), MCB (linen/olive), Cadet (black/steel), Side Effect (black), Shop Bags (various), packing cubes, WF Packing Cube Backpack (steel), Travel Stuff Sacks (various), 3D Clear Organizer Cube (forest), LCB (steel/cayenne), Imago (black ballistic/steel), Co-Pilot (steel/solar), FJN (crimson), Ego (black/steel).

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0