Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Introducing...Tom Bihn Tactical Traveler Vest

Now that I have your attention...
    I just retired my Eddie Bauer Safari Vest (Same as Orvis vest ).
    After 24 years of wearing these vests for Photo/Video and travel, I've come to the conclusion that it's time these vests got a serious modernization makeover! So tell me what features would be in a Tom Bihn branded 'Tactical Traveler' Vest ?
    For me....
    1- Superior load management
    2- Quick drying Poly/Cotton blend fabric
    3- Sleek redesign of the timeless classic
    4- pre-fuffed pockets
    5- Superior protection for delicate electronics from shock/water damage
    6- Strategic pocket arrays for the modern geekophile - combining entertainment, communications and occupational considerations.
    7- Three lines for special interests- Photo/Video/Audio tech, Traveler, Outdoors

Volunteer Moderator
    I'm sure this is completely off the topic of your intent (to have a traveller's vest made, of Tom Bihn quality) but have you checked out Scottevest? My only quibble with them is that they don't make stuff in my size (I drown in their clothes, which are of course designed for men), but you should have no problem with their sizing.

That said, if Tom Bihn ever does do the travel vest... wow. I'm so there :)

Nice find indeed. The trouble with this design is that the pockets don't have bellows, which i need in order to accomodate large bulky objects such camera lenses. Also, these are great for the Urban warrior, but perhaps not 'rough' enough for the Urban photojournalist or real part time warrior. So far the Orvis Zambezi is the top bannana. 5.11 Tactical is the standard and then you have the run of the mill photo-vests- that seem not to up to my standards at all. Good find though for when I replace my Barbour Beufort soon. The kicker is that the Orvis Zambezi is well designed but the Mens Small is like a Large on me :(

Were working on a review of the new Scott e-vest t shirt. Hopefully once our relationship develops further- I can convince him to build the ultimate Photographer's Traveler Vest
    Quote Originally Posted by Just
    I'm sure this is completely off the topic of your intent (to have a traveller's vest made, of Tom Bihn quality) but have you checked out Scottevest? My only quibble with them is that they don't make stuff in my size (I drown in their clothes, which are of course designed for men), but you should have no problem with their sizing.

That said, if Tom Bihn ever does do the travel vest... wow. I'm so there :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0