• 2 Post By backpack
  • 4 Post By papids2000
  • 2 Post By gochicken
  • 3 Post By bunchgrass
  • 1 Post By Lani
  • 2 Post By backpack
  • 2 Post By Rory
  • 2 Post By Shiva

Thread: Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Travel Dyneema (400d Dyneema®/nylon)

Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in Travel Dyneema (400d Dyneema®/nylon)

I am in love with my Packing Cube Shoulder Bags in Everyday (200d Dyneema®/nylon).

They are the most versatile bags either by themselves on as bags in bags.

By themselves they are great shoulder bags (with the Shoulder Strap), waist bags (with the Waist Strap), bike bags (with Key Straps),

As shoulder bags they can be converted into minimalist photo/video/audio bags, a perfect and lightweight addition to the Field Journal Notebook for birders as well as other wildlife and nature enthusiasts, journalists, anthropologists and lovers of urban landscapes.

It is perfect as a vacation bag for snow birds.

For a relaxing day at the beach, it holds a paperback or Mini iPad sized electronic devices, sunglasses, hat and other sundries.
    For foodies, it is so lightweight that it can conform to belly size fluctuations after paella, gumbo, gelato or beignets feasts.
    For biking, hiking and boating explorers, it is a really useful and lightweight "throw the essential stuff" bag (snacks, first aid, GPS/map backup/survival blanket/Guardian Dual Function Light/Tri-Power Safety Whistle)

They are great inside zippered compartments in Swifts and Shop Bags.

And of course they are great Packing Cube in all the Travel Bags.

Tom's pictures in the mountains, with the new 400d Dyneema®/nylon and lighter Dyneema Synapse as well as Jannielee UV Synapse in Iceland gave me the idea of asking for a Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with #8 YKK Aquaguard® water-repellent zippers.

They would enable the people who want to visit or live in snowy and/or rainy places to wear the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag on it's own in all conditions.

This is such a great bag/packing cube, it needs 400d Dyneema®/nylon with #8 YKK Aquaguard® water-repellent zippers siblings for our water logged adventures.

Note that Londonrain, Amsterdamrain, Parisrain, pretty much everything on top of the 50th north parallel, including hourly changing weather Alaska, as well as moonsoon, sudden thunderstorms regions, all over the world, have to deal with, the very beneficial to landscapes and crops but deadly to electronics, not welcome on fine silks or wools and positive spoiler of lunch in ecologically friendly but non waterproof boxes, H2O.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-15-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Ohhh you're after my own heart. I would LOVE seeing this!

...although I'm still waiting for a regular Dyneema version in WASABI!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Ohhh you're after my own heart. I would LOVE seeing this!

...although I'm still waiting for a regular Dyneema version in WASABI!!
    YES! Me too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I have a feeling they will be made as soon as the new Wasabi shipment comes.

Dear fellow Seattle residents Tom Bihn enthusiasts, would you be kind enough to visit the store, check for Wasabi things and report to us?

Video: Our Materials - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

PS: Using Wasabi like Cephalopods use their chromatophores, to distract lovely Tom Bihn enthusiasts from my beloved UV. ;)
    Last edited by backpack; 01-08-2013 at 02:48 PM.

I second that idea #8 YKK Aquaguard® water-repellent zippers for the packing cube. I also wish Tom would make it in the new 400d Dyneema and also add a couple O Rings to attach the organizer pouches and maybe one inside protected pocket for a cellphone. I would even pay more to have a cordura version made. I use use this bag every time we go out and also use it on some of my bike rides. When we went to Europe the past year it was my everyday carry bag. In fact I took it to the grocery store the other day and the clerk at the checkout complimented on how cool it looked.

Name:  IMG_0204.jpg
Views: 1219
Size:  567.0 KB

The packing cube in Germany.

I totally agree. This past summer we went to Yellowstone http://www.tombihn.com/forums/custom...e-week-tb.html and the PCSB was perfect for the trip except for the things you mentioned. I found myself especially wishing for a couple of 0-rings and a pocket inside. A Nordic Dyneema version with the special zippers would make it more perfect than it already is!
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

For those people who use the PCSB more as a shoulder bag than packing cube, Nordic dyneema, waterproof zippers, 0-rings and pockets would make it an awesome bag.

Apologies in advance as I've forgotten who mentioned using a Tom Bihn removable waist belt on their PCSB but I just gave it a try (I had one that came with my Synapse) and it works great! It looks a little funky because of the placement of the D-ring holders but from a practical perspective it's awesome. Now I know I can use a PCSB for light hiking and then convert it back to a shoulder bag/crossbody purse when I'm done. Awesome!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

I mentioned it in the Smart Alec thread, but I'd love to see the little organizer pockets from the new SA upper modular pocket (along with O-rings) come to the PCSB.

http://www.tombihn.com/forums/attach...ec-pocket1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Apologies in advance as I've forgotten who mentioned using a Tom Bihn removable waist belt on their PCSB but I just gave it a try (I had one that came with my Synapse) and it works great! It looks a little funky because of the placement of the D-ring holders but from a practical perspective it's awesome. Now I know I can use a PCSB for light hiking and then convert it back to a shoulder bag/crossbody purse when I'm done. Awesome!
    It was me, it was a D.I.Y to transform my Steel PCSB into a waist workout pack for my lovely husband, who, since adopting the Steel PCSB has not said a word about the ample sampling of Tom Bihn Inc Bags and Accessories found in our dwelling.

He did look very very interested in the Surprise. :)

I mentioned this in the Smart Alec thread, but I would love to see the little organizer pockets in the new upper modular SA pocket added to the PCSB (along with the O-rings).

Yes: it is a versatile bag --and not to be a grinch--but part of its versatility is its utter simplicity. Adding pockets to it etc., will make it a different bag. O-rings on the other hand--OH YEAH! I am surprised why it does not have one since the packing cube backpack does. A TB bag is not a TBBag without those persnickety O-rings, I think!!!!

Yeah, the problem with the pockets might be the weight it will add as a Packing Cube.

I don't know if the splash proof zippers are heavier than the regular ones?

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    It was me, it was a D.I.Y to transform my Steel PCSB into a waist workout pack for my lovely husband, who, since adopting the Steel PCSB has not said a word about the ample sampling of Tom Bihn Inc Bags and Accessories found in our dwelling)
    Yes! Well worded.
    I also have a longsuffering husband...who when I explain that I appreciate good quality (ie: TB products) he says, of course you do, you married me :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Yes! Well worded.
    I also have a longsuffering husband...who when I explain that I appreciate good quality (ie: TB products) he says, of course you do, you married me :)
    Of course he does he married you! :)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0