Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: No More Solar?

Angry No More Solar?

I recently sent a request to customer service asking when they would be making the Cadet with solar interior as I did not see it as an option, even though there are several photos (and a video) showing the solar interior.

The response was that they did not plan to offer a solar interior again. I'm scratching my head on that one as solar is one of the best interior colors, making items easier to see.

Please press TB to bring back solar!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Hi dufus,

There's no more Solar because Wasabi replaced it. We'll take note of your vote to bring Solar back, but for now, Wasabi is here to stay.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

+1 for Solar interior.

don't mind a Wasabi option as well, but Solar is a must have option IMO...

have a great, safe weekend

I agree Solar is a must have. My best personal example is I purchased about 7 to 9 of the travel trays last holiday season and most were solar. I made the mistake of offering to substitute solar if the recipient didn't like the other colors. Guess what, everyone wanted solar, leaving me without one.

Wasabi is ok, but it can't hold a candle to solar. Please bring it back!

I'm another vote for bringing Solar back.

Audrey

Is there another USA bag business that uses solar?

I too love and wish solar was back. Wasabi is nice and I definitely like it (especially paired with aubergine) but if forced to choose between the two, solar would win for me.

sue

Breaking my long silence, Solar dyneema is the perfect wingman.
    It makes whatever color it is paired with look so much better.
    Janine and dmilem like this.

I also wish solar was still around. I really like wasabi, but I think solar was the perfect interior.
    Navy Brain Bag, Navy/Iberian Aeronaut, Black/Steel Tristar, Black/Black/Steel Ego, Several Organizer Pouches

I really miss solar too. I have an Aeronaut and a Co-Pilot with solar interiors and they're great. Solar wasn't an option on my Brain Bag so I ended up with the steel interior, and I definitely miss the bright solar inside. I have to keep a penlight in the Brain Bag for rooting around.

I saw a picture of the new Nordic dyneema Synapse and instantly thought about buying one for those times when I don't need the capacity of the fully loaded Brain Bag. My first thought was that the Nordic blue color would be perfect with a solar interior. I'd buy one in a minute. Not so sure about getting the darker steel again and I'm not too hot on the wasabi.

So, +1 for bringing back solar!

Smile Solar: the Color of Happy Face

I only have a few pouches in Solar, and it IS my second favorite color next to Iberian. Wasabi is OK, but for some reason makes me think of the actress Linda Blair.

SOLAR, SOLAR, SOLAR...
    dufus, Janine and darbs like this.

Sorry to be a dissenting voice, but I prefer wasabi to solar. I like bright interiors and was happy to see the new color choice.
    Janine likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I too miss Solar, but I'm glad to have a new option in Wasabi, I think that it's light enough and gives a more sophisticated look to certain bags as the lining fabric.
    Darcy gave plenty of notice that the transition was coming. It wasn't a mystery that Solar was being replaced. I ordered a few things to be sure I got them before it was phased out. I know many others did too. It's been said, more than once, if there is a color or combination you love, buy it when you see it. Also dufus, if there is a specific bag you seek, try putting an ISO post, you may be surprised!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Sorry to be a dissenting voice, but I prefer wasabi to solar. I like bright interiors and was happy to see the new color choice.
    Same here. Solar was great, but I think Wasabi is better. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    I too miss Solar, but I'm glad to have a new option in Wasabi, I think that it's light enough and gives a more sophisticated look to certain bags as the lining fabric.
    Darcy gave plenty of notice that the transition was coming. It wasn't a mystery that Solar was being replaced. I ordered a few things to be sure I got them before it was phased out. I know many others did too. It's been said, more than once, if there is a color or combination you love, buy it when you see it. Also dufus, if there is a specific bag you seek, try putting an ISO post, you may be surprised!
    Wasabi and Solar are both fabulous....though IMO Wasabi has the slight edge!

And dorayme is right on...IF THERE IS A COLOR OR COMBO YOU LOVE, BUY IT! posthaste! (I added the posthaste :) ) With all of the goodies TB has added this year, I'm frantically saving pennies in order to take my own advice (Plum Brain Bag, I'm talking to you!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0