Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: No More Solar?

I love solar too. My original bag, a Steel/Solar Tri-Star was only used once, because it wasn't quite big enough if I added running shoes. I will probably be putting that up for sale at some point. Right now I have an Aeronaut in Steel/UV that is my indispensable go to bag. I like the contrast, but really miss the solar from my first bag. The UV was an attempt to be a bit more daring with the colors. I have many pouches, stuff sacks, and other accessories in other colors, including a few in wasabi. I have to say that I love the variety.
    Steel/Ultraviolet Aeronaut, Steel/Solar TriStar, Black/Steel Checkpoint Flyer, Steel Packing Cube Backpack, Steel Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Solar Travel Tray, Snake Charmer, Pouches, 3D Clear Organizer Cube, etc.

Hey folks -- A few people have sent me private messages asking me about the unused Navy/Solar Western Flyer I've got stashed. Since there seems to be some interest, I'll might go ahead and post it on eBay or something. When I do, I'll definitely let you know. I also have some other TB items I'm not regularly using, so it may be a good chance for me to post those as well.
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

i know this is a dream, but a black cordura/solar dyneema MCB would be great

+1 Solar (it's so happy, especially in the grey days of winter) but also like the sheer variety of colors available

Solar is too good and too young to be retired
    Please bring it back

My bad, if it is not recommended to bring back old topic.

I had been strucked with (not sure why) No-More-Solar Depression syndrome for the past days.
    Been searching and wander around TB Forum, hoping to look for one who had posted up to (reasonably) trade Solar.
    Apologize, shall I intrude your time and I hope I did not annoy you.

I think, currently Solar is still available as Travel Tray, Key Straps, Yarn Stuck Sack.
    I don't think there is any bag with Solar lining. Do correct me, if I am wrong. No Solar Pouches, either.

Just wish to share a photo by joiedwards in Sept 2012 - Update on Solar Dyneema/nylon
    Quote Originally Posted by joiedwards View Post
    Thanks for the sunshine!
    Kinda heart-warning to see those Sunny Pouches in 1 set.
    Hopefully, TB could consider bringing Solar back next year. Just like 2 years ago, Solar was announced no more in 2012 but back in 2013, due overwhelming support. But I felt this year is different. Nevertheless, just my hope.

Have a great weekend!
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

A three-week old black dyneema/solar LCB will be available in a month or two. I'm holding on to it until I can get a black dy/wasabi LCB, which CS said should be back in stock in September. (Unless a steel dy/wasabi were to come to fruition. That's my current desire.)

+1 for Solar, please! I would love a Co-Pilot in Steel/Solar.

Yes, Solar needs to be one of the regular options like Black, Steel, Navy. It's the brightest and most cheerful interior color there is.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I just returned in the mail a set of solar yarn stuff sacks. I decided I would keep the other colors I have which are a mix of things.

So if one of you needs a dose of solar these are on their way back to the store.

I believe the list of colors currently available for the Swift includes navy/navy/solar, and the list for the Side Effect has navy/solar, as well. Also, the page for the Travel Stuff Sacks seems to include solar for all sizes, although on my computer it doesn't appear in the little squares of color for the product on the accessories page.

I love solar, too, and am sorry that it's not going to be made any more. Since I only discovered TB bags recently, I feel very fortunate that I didn't miss out on it altogether!

@Linden, thanks for your note that the Swift still have Navy/Navy/Solar.
    I kinda want to get it for my wife. But when I look at the photos at the Product Page, Navy/Navy looks weird with the black line.

Anyway, thanks for your letting all of us know.

Add: Oh God @Linden, I going crazy now to whether to get the last "Solar" Side Effect and my first as well.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 09-10-2014 at 02:55 AM.
    Linden likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Like New: Solar CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

If you see something in a color you really love and it has been announced to be on its way out, get it.

You will hear about it first on the forum, this is why is it important to check it everyday, if possible.

Waffling on a once available item is undesirable because people will snatch the item, put it on your cart right now and add an item you had on your wish list to make the shipping worthwhile, this is especially true for people outside of the continental U.S.

Reviving old thread is not really desirable but, I thought I'd nudge you to make a decision, being a long time member of that forum, I have seen brand new, popular colors for a very popular item sell out in a matter of days, I might even be generous for some products like the Synapses and the SE.

The SE is very popular and so is Solar, so put it in your cart now!

The last phrase sound like a salesperson pitch, to trump false limited inventory of cars, furnitures or department store stuff, which is laughable because big ticket items take a long time to sell and department stores have outlet (discounted unsold merchandise) stores.

But for TB stuff, it is real because The Crew and the Mothership have limited production capacity.

I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of manufacturing these bags, but i do wonder why such a beloved color is not being maintained. I LOVE my Navy/Solar Aeronaut and my Black/Solar MCB, so when I went to order a Night Flight Travel Duffel, I was dismayed that it would not match my Aeronaut. I had to settle for Navy/Wasabi. Wasabi is nice, but i would have preferred Solar.

I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of manufacturing these bags, but i do wonder why such a beloved color is not being maintained.
    Yes, I’ve wondered the same thing I love the solar interior on some of my bags. I suppose it could be two somewhat related factors: 1) Although solar is popular among us “Bag Nuts” it may not be as popular with the average TB buyer. 2) They just simply can’t maintain every color and if it is less popular it gets eliminated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0