Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: thoughts on upsizing the Co-Pilot

While I love my Imago (NCW),I did consider the Co-Pilot.My reason for not snagging one was that it should serve to carry a someday-maybe-hypothetical 13"-14" laptop. I need my EDC to serve as more than a purse :)

I should probaby start saving for a Pilot :P

Peace!

Whereas, I come from the other end of the spectrum in that the CP is almost too large as my EDC. Tech keeps shrinking and and so I wanted something just big enough for my smartphone, Surface, travel mug and accessories. The Ristretto "11 was the frontrunner until I realized I prefer horizontal carry. So, I upsized as far as I could accept with the CP.
    [2003] Brain Bag (w/Snake Charmer & 3 Monolith/Brain Cells)
    - [2010] Aeronaut (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/ mini-'Absolute', Cache, Clear Org wallet, S.O.S., 3D Clear & mesh cubes, Passport pouch)
    - - - Small dyneema Shopbag, packing cube shoulder bag & various TB stuff (organizers, straps, whistles, etc.)

Egads! Do we know if the Pilot is likely to become a reality and when? I would order it in ANY color if the larger size is right.
    Monkeylady
    Miking likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Egads! Do we know if the Pilot is likely to become a reality and when? I would order it in ANY color if the larger size is right.
    Monkeylady
    I have been waiting on this one also and hoping a 13" MBPr fits.

Omg! I recently mentioned that on EDCF about a slightly larger co pilot! I love the dual pocket middle water bottle pocket design. I can't wait to see a larger copilot. That would be the most perfect bag period!

Waiting on a larger Co-Pilot, too. Would also love to see two handles instead of one like on the CP.

Any new news on this?
    RhoFro likes this.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel A45, Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizi View Post
    Any new news on this?
    No new news. Wouldn't expect any news anytime soon (there's lots of other stuff in the works!)
    dorayme likes this.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    No new news. Wouldn't expect any news anytime soon (there's lots of other stuff in the works!)
    Hi Darcy,

Not sure if I missed this in another thread in the last two months, but do you guys have an estimation on when this bag will be available?

Thanks,
    Lukas

Quote Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
    Hi Darcy,

Not sure if I missed this in another thread in the last two months, but do you guys have an estimation on when this bag will be available?

Thanks,
    Lukas
    No new news and no estimation quite yet...
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darcy:

I understand that Tom needs to take his time, and we'll just have to wait as best we can.

But can you at least tell us if the new Pilot is the same or different from the coming replacement for the Imago?

Quote Originally Posted by bbcamp View Post
    Darcy:

I understand that Tom needs to take his time, and we'll just have to wait as best we can.

But can you at least tell us if the new Pilot is the same or different from the coming replacement for the Imago?
    I wouldn't exactly call what's coming next a replacement for the Imago. And I wish I could share more, but really, by the time the actual bag makes its debut, so much could have changed between now and then... that's a pretty non-answer answer, I know, but it's the best I can offer right now. We'll just have to wait and see together what happens next. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0