Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: thoughts on upsizing the Co-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    By upsizing the co-pilot, would it handle a 15.4 MacBook Pro? Or is it still basically an iPad bag??
    The Co-Pilot already fits the iPad nicely. :-)

My only request is that the Pilot also be made in Dyneema. But of course!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

NO..........sorry for yelling. I would love,as stated in previous posts, to see an upsized Co-pilot (Pilot). To be used as an SLR camera/gadget bag. Maybe with a little padding that could be confirgured the way you like with Velcro..........just a thought.

But I definately need to be just a tad thicker.

And of course Dyneema!
    Lani likes this.

Sorry about the last post. I am definately thick enough, it's the bag that could use the thickness. Proofread!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom's designing a Pilot bag . . . .
    Add a Camera I/O sized to fit inside the Pilot :)

That will be a winning combo!

Till then, I am making do with my Co-Pilot with a Courierware camera insert (mini size) for my GH2 + lenses + few accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    The Co-Pilot already fits the iPad nicely. :-)

My only request is that the Pilot also be made in Dyneema. But of course!
    My original question was, will the Pilot accommodate a 15.4 MacBook Pro, or was it STILL basically an iPad bag.

I'd gladly give up choosing which fabric, for the functionality of fitting the laptop I need to carry.
    Owner, Fool On The Hill Recording, Nashville TN

According to Darcy's email on pg1, they haven't yet determined what the Pilot will be sized at.

Quote Originally Posted by rlandis View Post
    My original question was, will the Pilot accommodate a 15.4 MacBook Pro, or was it STILL basically an iPad bag.

I'd gladly give up choosing which fabric, for the functionality of fitting the laptop I need to carry.

Another vote for Aubergine, please! Would love one with Ultraviolet or Steal interior.
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Tom's designing a Pilot bag, which will roughly be the dimensions you listed. Stay tuned!
    Darcy, is there any news?
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

It takes time for Tom to conceptualize a new bag.

For us, a Pilot is just a bigger Co-Pilot but for Tom a new name means a new bag.

We saw that with the Synapse, when we just asked for a small Brain Bag.

The Tri-Star when we asked for a bigger Western Flyer.

Every new Tom Bihn bag is an adventure, we can't wait, just like when we are at the entrance of a national or regional park, the color of the sky at dawn, the beginning of a birding/wildlife watching expedition.

I need to forget to check out the forum for just one day and I can assure you, something new will come up.

Backpack, please take a few days off!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I need to forget to check out the forum for just one day and I can assure you, something new will come up.
    Then by all means, Backpack, feel free to take a few days off... you need a break, we need new TB stuff!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Lani likes this.

Well... I would love to, but even my computer knows that T on the browser means Tom Bihn forum.

I categorically deny suffering from B.A.S.

Let say that being a Tom Bihn and Apple fan girl is very very very much fun.

And Tom Bihn wins by a large margin because of the Lovely Crew.
    It is not everyday that one meets somebody as wonderful, kind and talented as the Designer/CEO and the CCO /VP who care and are loved so much by canis lupus familiaris.

I absolutely love the idea of a Co-Pilot just big enough to handle A4 folders without having to force the issue. But I suspect that isn't a big enough size jump to justify a new bag. If I'm right, the Pilot will probably end up being a bit too big for me.

It's all academic anyway, I don't have the $$ for a Co-Pilot and by the time I do, Tom may well have invented some fantastic new bag that fits my needs better that I could have ever imagined. Until then, I'll keep reading the forums and browsing the site dreaming of what my next bag will be.

Jonathan

I have been considering a Co-Pilot as a travel bag for my DH, but worried that it was a little small...so NOW just have to wait and see what TB designs for the new Pilot! :) ~Tik

I would be very interested in a Co-Pilot type bag that could hold a 13-inch MacBook.

(Just adding my voice to the chorus.)

Have a co-pilot; just too small for many travels. I'd love to see a new Pilot, preferably in time for a big trip I have in July!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0