Like Tree23Likes
  • 15 Post By febtiger
  • 1 Post By pocketsize
  • 2 Post By MagicTiki
  • 1 Post By cucciasv
  • 2 Post By Katy
  • 2 Post By dorayme

Thread: We've been cheated! (Brain Bag owners)

Angry We've been cheated! (Brain Bag owners)

Brain Bag owners have all been cheated. Tom Bihn has been selling these backpacks to innocent people in order to test their miniature black holes that have been produced in their underground research facility in Seattle, right below their manufacturing building.

In all seriousness, my new Brain Bag arrived and it is about 20% smaller than my old North Face backpack and holds about 60% more stuff without breaking a sweat (if backpacks could sweat)

The only explanation is a miniature black hole that is put into the bag before shipping. It's also the reason they have to put excellent stitching and quality fabrics into the backpack - or else it will be torn apart by itself!

Although I don't like being cheated, I do like this backpack. I forgive Tom Bihn.

Love it! I've had the same 'black hole' experience with my Synapse and Western Flyer!!
    I've almost convinced my husband that his cycling commute would be greatly improved by a Brain Bag. This review will help. :-D

I think Tom sews mini black holes into All his bags, it seems like sometimes there's no way you can stuff everything you need into a bag, but suddenly you can, and you have enough space to put a lot more...

I agree with this theory. There is definitely some black hole, alternative dimension, or Tardis-like technology at work here. I got lost in my Brain Bag for two days once (It was OK, though... I had snacks.). :)

In all seriousness, the capacity never fails to amaze me. I can put more in my Brain Bag than any of my (non-TB) carry on luggage. I have stuffed it with all kinds of silly and illogical things in large volumes.

My new Empire Builder is showing similar characteristics.
    Katy and barefoot like this.
    ----------------
    Bob P.
    Magic Tiki Studios

Empire Builder (black/steel), Brain Bag (steel), Small Padded Organizer Pouch, Clear Wallet, Soft Cell, Snake Charmer (cayenne) and assorted trimmings.

shuuuuuush! Did you not sign the confidentiality agreement!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes

All TB bags - and even pouches - are black holes that gladly suck my money in!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

earth5 likes this.

My Wallet has a black hole with a direct link to Tom bihn and co.

Agreed! My Synapse is Ike that too, and the Cork Swift; wow, I can take library books, groceries, a wallet and snacks, and my kids' jackets and stuff it all into that bag. And everything is so well made, nothing feels flimsy or teetering, even when fully loaded with weighty stuff! Black hole indeed. There is definitely some technology happening over there at the factory, and it ain't all zipper pulls and laptop pockets.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Actually, the phenomenon applies to weight as well. The same amount packed in a TB bag weighs less as well. Great observation here.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicTiki View Post
    I agree with this theory. There is definitely some black hole, alternative dimension, or Tardis-like technology at work here. I got lost in my Brain Bag for two days once (It was OK, though... I had snacks.). :)

In all seriousness, the capacity never fails to amaze me. I can put more in my Brain Bag than any of my (non-TB) carry on luggage. I have stuffed it with all kinds of silly and illogical things in large volumes.

My new Empire Builder is showing similar characteristics.
    That must be what that vworp sound I keep hearing in the factory is.. Mystery solved.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Some how when I went to the factory, all of my money got sucked into the black hole. I observed a time loop element associated with the phenomenon. Not only was my current money at that time sucked in, but future money got looped in too, thus throwing me into a cycle of perpetual bag acquisition/vanishing money/bag acquisition/anon anon.

I don't mind it so much though, until there's that one bag I must have and I'm in the vanished money part of the loop. Cadence is everything in this dance.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

It occurs to me that Tom Bihn is like Steve Jobs ... he knows what you want before you know what you want!

Someone please help me!
    I have BAS (Bihn Acquisition Syndrome)!!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0