View Poll Results: Select six colors you'd like to see the Imago in.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steel/Crimson/Steel

12 42.86%
  • Steel/Black/Steel

9 32.14%
  • Steel/Plum/Crimson

4 14.29%
  • Steel/Kiwi/Wasabi

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Steel/Silver

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Steel/Crimson

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Black/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Plum/Olive/Wasabi

7 25.00%
  • Black/Olive/Crimson

2 7.14%
  • Black/Steel/Wasabi

11 39.29%
  • Black/Kiwi/Deep Blue

6 21.43%
  • Cocoa/Steel/Deep Blue

2 7.14%
  • Cocoa/Plum/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Cocoa/Crimson/Steel

6 21.43%
  • Olive/Steel/Deep Blue

3 10.71%
  • Olive/Cocoa/Deep Blue

3 10.71%
  • Olive/Black/Wasabi

7 25.00%
  • Crimson/Black/Crimson

11 39.29%
  • Crimson/Steel/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Other - I'll post my color preference.

5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Nothing for 15" MacBooks?

It seems like those of us (majority) that have normal sized laptops, like my 15" MacBook Pro, can't ever get these sorts of cool bags. We end up with huge, usually much bigger than needed bags to accomodate anything larger than a 12" laptop.

Actually I prefer smaller laptops myself anyway, but it isn't always an option to buy the smaller size (especially for the huge % of people that use their corporate laptop.)

I've been hoping for a bag like this or the Cafe bag that supports the MacBook Pro. No such luck still it seems. :(

Like the look though :) Just seems like there was already no shortage of cool bags that only work with small laptops (I love my Buzz but again, too small.)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I've added a poll to this thread with nineteen possible color combinations for the Imago. Please select your six favorite color combinations. If we didn't list your favorite combination, post and let us know what it is.

A few of the color combinations suggested in this thread already would be very cool but can't happen because of the types of fabrics. For example, I don't think we will be making a version of this bag that is lined in Titanium.

Below are answers to a few of the questions posted.

renegadeot -- The Imago will have an open back pocket that you can stuff the strap into, or use as a pocket for magazines/file folders.

Falfa -- The Treo 650 should fit into the cell phone pocket no problem.

timtr -- What do you think of the ID? It will fit a MacBook Pro (when paired with a Size 4X Brain Cell).
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Ahem

Crimson/Steel/Wasabi is listed on the ballot twice. I only voted for it once, though.
    It's worth considering that your entire purpose in life could be to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by dsg29
    Crimson/Steel/Wasabi is listed on the ballot twice. I only voted for it once, though.
    oops! Thanks. Fixed it. I replaced the second Crimson/Steel/Wasabi combo with Black/Olive/Crimson. Thought I'd go a little crazy!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

cmc

More Color Options (I.e., I voted Other)

How about

• Plum/Wasabi/Kiwi (or Wasabi)
    • Wasabi/Plum/Kiwi (or Wasabi)
    • Sage/Plum/Wasabi
    • Deep Blue/Sapphire/Wasabi

The best solution would be if you had some standard color combinations for quick ship and the store, but also let people ordering the bags from the website specify custom colors.

Volunteer Moderator

I voted for two and other, so here are four

Steel/Crimson/Silver
    Crimson/Silver/Silver
    Sage/Titanium/Silver
    Deep Blue/Wasabi/Crimson

Update and Fabric/Colors Primer

Update: We will be making the Imago in two different versions. One version will have the curvy flap you see in the picture I posted (on the first page of this thread) and the exterior will be made of 1000 Denier Cordura®. The other version will have a less curvy design on the flap and the exterior will be made of Ballistic Nylon. Kind of a yin and yang type thing. The lining fabric of both bags will be 500 Denier Cordura®.

Below is a guide to help you pick color combinations from. You guys have really good suggestions but some of them won't work. For example, Kiwi would be an amazing lining color, but we only have the Kiwi color in a Ballistic Nylon fabric, which is much too heavy to use as a liner.

That said, I still like to see color combinations such as Deep Blue/Sapphire/Wasabi suggested, even if we can't make them happen now. If we get enough requests for, as an example, a dark blue Ballistic Nylon, we may just add that to our color palette.

Cordura Imago: Possible Colors
    Exterior body and flap inset: Black, Steel, Crimson, Olive, Cocoa, or Plum.
    Lining colors: Black, Steel, Crimson, Deep Blue, Wasabi

Ballistic Nylon Imago: Possible Colors
    Exterior body and flap inset: Black, Steel, Crimson, Kiwi

You may wonder where Sage and Grape are in the list of Ballistic Nylon fabric colors. We have very low quantities of both of those colors and are saving what we do have left for the bags those colors are the most popular in. If you're a Sage or Grape fan, let us know -- we may order more.

What does the difference between the fabrics mean? What are the pros and cons of each type?

Darcy will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the biggest difference is that Ballistic is very tough and takes a lot of wear but at the cost of weight, while the Corduro is lighter but can't take as much wear as Ballistic (but still darn tough :)

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Main Body/Flap Inset/Lining.

Black/Steel/Steel
    Black/Plum/Steel
    Steel/Plum/Steel
    Plum/Steel/Steel

The light lining of Steel make finding stuff easier. I find the color combinations above cool and classy.

Volunteer Moderator

cell phone pocket for the ID?

Darcy,

I really like the idea of a cell phone pocket on the side of the bag. Will this feature make its way into other bags, like the ID?

Thanks,
    Yash

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Cordura Imago: Possible Colors
    Exterior body and flap inset: Black, Steel, Crimson, Olive, Cocoa, or Plum.

Ballistic Nylon Imago: Possible Colors
    Exterior body and flap inset: Black, Steel, Crimson, Kiwi
    In light of this, I modify my suggestions.

Black/Crimson/Deep Blue
    Black/Crimson/Crimson
    For Cordura: Black/Olive/Wasabi For Ballistic Nylon: Black/Kiwi/Wasabi
    Steel/Crimson/Deep Blue

Imago size and availability date

Hi folks. This bag looks pretty cool--even more so if it comes in a slightly less curvy version...I really like the side phone pocket. Any idea when it will be available? Also, do you have rough dimensions on it yet?

Imago colors

Darcy:

Sometimes even the terminally conventional like cool bags:

how about the Imago in black/black/wasabi? discrete on the outside, way cool on the inside (like my large cafe bag...)

Best!

BB

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0