View Poll Results: Select six colors you'd like to see the Imago in.

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steel/Crimson/Steel

12 42.86%
  • Steel/Black/Steel

9 32.14%
  • Steel/Plum/Crimson

4 14.29%
  • Steel/Kiwi/Wasabi

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Steel/Silver

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Steel/Crimson

6 21.43%
  • Plum/Black/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Plum/Olive/Wasabi

7 25.00%
  • Black/Olive/Crimson

2 7.14%
  • Black/Steel/Wasabi

11 39.29%
  • Black/Kiwi/Deep Blue

6 21.43%
  • Cocoa/Steel/Deep Blue

2 7.14%
  • Cocoa/Plum/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Cocoa/Crimson/Steel

6 21.43%
  • Olive/Steel/Deep Blue

3 10.71%
  • Olive/Cocoa/Deep Blue

3 10.71%
  • Olive/Black/Wasabi

7 25.00%
  • Crimson/Black/Crimson

11 39.29%
  • Crimson/Steel/Wasabi

10 35.71%
  • Other - I'll post my color preference.

5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Steel/Titanium/Silver
    Black/Crimson/Silver

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    You won't be able to use the TerraGrip or Absolute Shoulder Straps with the Imago.

The plan is that the Imago will come with a fixed shoulder strap with the same shoulder strap pad as the Large Cafe Bag, except the pad will the color matched with whatever color the Imago is. It should look pretty cool.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Wink

I'm so excited about the Imago. I have the small cafe bag, but for me it's more a "concert going bag" not really an everyday purse/bag. I'm hoping the Imago will fit the bill better... I can't wait to hear about the new cool features!
    I'm a fan of blue, so if it can be in some color of blue, that would ROCK.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    The plan is that the Imago will come with a fixed shoulder strap with the same shoulder strap pad as the Large Cafe Bag, except the pad will the color matched with whatever color the Imago is. It should look pretty cool.
    Is that just a thicker / wider version of the shoulder strap that comes with the Medium Cafe Bag?

I love my MCB, but I really don't like the strap. It's both too thin and not long enough, and the pad never stays in place.

Thanks,
    -Brian

Love it!

I can't wait for this bag! Black/Crimson/Steel, please! (To match all of my other crimson Tom Bihn bags!)

Inside pictures hopefully coming soon?

Brian,

It's the same strap that comes with the Large Cafe Bag, which is a very different from the Medium Cafe Bag strap. The Imago/Large Cafe Shoulder Strap has a wider, cushy pad that is more comfortable for heavier loads.

The pictures I promised might be a few days late because the Imago I had was taken away for some pre-production planning and work. But we'll post more soon.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

ooh I love it!

The curves are really appealing! My dream color combo would be cocoa/plum/wasabi. do I see a little side pocket for keys/bus pass/granola bar?

plum/black/wasabi or black/crimson/titanium would also be nice, I think.

ever think of adding other color options? cocoa/lt blue and cocoa/orange are some of my other fav. combos.

Brian,

It's the same strap that comes with the Large Cafe Bag, which is a very different from the Medium Cafe Bag strap. The Imago/Large Cafe Shoulder Strap has a wider, cushy pad that is more comfortable for heavier loads.
    I didn't realize it had a different strap / pad. Is the pad fixed or is it adjustable?

Do you have any pictures of the strap and pad on your website?

Thanks,
    -Brian

The pad is adjustable. There aren't any pictures yet -- there will be soon!

Okay, here is a picture of the "really cool" feature of the Imago that is my favorite.

The pocket you see in the picture above with the cell phone inside is lined with Ultrasuede®, a high-tech synthetic suede material that feels like chamois. The zipper on the pocket is a splash-proof zipper. The side pocket, which is on both the right and left sides of the Imago, will hold any iPod and most cell phones.

In the final version of the Imago, the pocket will be lined with black Ultraseude®, not the brownish color you see in the picture.
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-20-2006 at 03:08 PM.

Oo, me likee! I like plum/black/crimson. While I love the curves, I wonder if the buckle isn't a bit big for the bag?

Dryad, bag fanatic

Talking Any TB Bag named 'Imago' has to be great

Any TB Bag named 'Imago' has to be great ;-) ! Can I get one in our signature colors? http://imagometrics.com/
    Also. The iPod/Cellphone accessory pockets are a great idea as long as they somehow can seal an incoming earphone wire. I found that a lot of bags that are supposed to contain iPods tend to guide rainwater....right to the audio out port! I've been waiting for TB to release a gadget friendly shoulder sling/bag. I hope the Imago is it . Right now I use a Maxpedition FatBoy S and that product will get you followed by security.... Rolleyes!

and most cell phones.

Does the Treo 650 fit under that 'most cell phones' umbrella? I love the idea of that pocket. I wish my large Cafe Bag had one.

Wink Yay -- pictures / cool features -- Yay

I'm also for the "cocoa/plum/wasabi" color combo -- wasabi inside, the lighter the better...

I'm hoping for a lt blue / periwinkle color to come thru the line sometime too..
    ** crosses fingers** :) I think a plum/lt.blue/wasabi would be great...

I love the cell phone / I pod pocket idea. and on both sides of the bag none the less, awsome! I would hope for a zippered pocket along the inside for cash or some smaller items to be easily located (ie: lipstick/chapstic)

I think the buckle is ok, it doesn't look too big, I think it's even moved more to one side than the other picture where it looked more center of the bag. I think off setting the buckle works better with the curves of the bag.

Keep the pictures coming, I'm definately in the market for this bag! :)

Which reminds me. Anyone oout there have special recommendations for 'Inside The Bag' illuminators. The only one that I know that is fast to use is the CountyComm clip-on photon clone. http://countycomm.com/light10.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobos
    I'm not too much of a curves guy myself, but my SO's description of most Tom Bihn designs is more or less along the lines of too square so I'm very curious on her impression. As for colors count me in for bright colors on the inside. It really does help with finding stuff inside.

Cobos

Brian,

Since the pad is fixed, is there a possibility of a open pocket on the back of the bag that it would be possible to stuff the strap into when not needed like on a cafe bag?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0