Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By maverick
  • 1 Post By kmcg

Thread: 1st day riding in the rain, and my synapse backpack's contents stayed completely dry!

Volunteer Moderator

1st day riding in the rain, and my synapse backpack's contents stayed completely dry!

so, today was the first day that i rode my bike to work in the rain. i remembered to wear a rain jacket, but as i was riding down the w&od trail, i realized that i felt rather light. i had left the house without my synapse backpack, which held my macbook air that i needed to do my work. so i turned around and went back home to get it. i thought as i got home that maybe i should drive into the office. but i want to establish the biking to work routine, and if i jump in the car the first day that it rains, that isn't going to happen!

so i grabbed the synapse backpack and headed back out. the rain picked up and was coming down harder for a good bit of the ride. it wasn't long before my shorts were wet and my keens were holding a bit of water.

not surprisingly, when i got to work, i found the contents of the synapse to be dry.

i had a packing cube with a change of clothes in an open basket pannier in the back. my clothes, too, stayed dry!

oh happy rainy day! :)
    backpack and Katy like this.
    -m

Good for you, riding to work!

I recently had my TriStar get pretty wet when I checked it on some flights in Europe. And yes, I too was pleased to find no dampness inside. Great zippers and fabric.

Volunteer Moderator
    I was reminded again of Zephyrnoid's shower test of his Aeronaut. Too bad the YouTube videos of that are no longer around. However, you can read my excerpted summar post that links back to the original forum post quotes. The quick summary is that Zephyrnoid took his packed Aeronaut into the shower with him for a 10-minute test in which he also hosed down the zippers, then opened the bag to show that the contents and the paper towel he'd placed under the zipper were completely dry. But it was more fun to watch as a YouTube video! you'll all have to rely on the posted comments as testaments that this was a very convincing demo.

moriond

Much Congrats, Maverick!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0